Multiplayer Host Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiplayer Host Help

Which ports through my cable modem do I use to allow me to Host multiplayer games through my computer?

This is for a server I assume?

You need to setup your router to forward certain ports to your server. The router assigns, if your using DHCP, (or you need to manually assign) a different address to each box connected to it. Say the router IP you see is 192.168.10.1, then it assigns 92.168.10.101 to your game box, 92.168.10.103 to your workstation, and 92.168.10.102 to the server. These are internal numbers, those outside your network see only the IP number assigned to your cable modem or broadband converter. The router is then set up to forward the correct ports to the proper internal IP, in this case, the ports 7777, 6500, and 13000 are forwarded to 92.168.10.102, which is the internal address of the server.You need to forward the ports on your router to your ut3 server. To find out this address type ifconfig as root. It will be the same as your router except for the numbers after the last period.

Login to the router via the standard browser with the router address. http://192.168.10.1 for some, but find the one your router uses in the manual, different ones use different numbers. Then go to the router setup, usually advanced setup or settings, port forwarding. Many different router setup pages and no two are the same. You need to list the 3 ports to forward, UDP, assign to the address the router assigned to your UT3 server, say, 192.168.10.101 for example.

Comment

Thank you for the help! I will figure this out later, I need to get some sleep now!

Comment

Working...
      X