Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I am able to connect to mine normally and so should you

I am able to connect to mine normally and so should you. It sounds to me like your routers are not set up correctly.

The router assigns, if your using DHCP, (or you need to manually assign) a different address to each box connected to it. Say the router IP you see is 192.168.10.1, then it assigns 92.168.10.101 to your game box, 92.168.10.103 to your workstation, and 92.168.10.102 to the server. These are internal numbers, those outside your network see only the IP number assigned to your cable modem or broadband converter. The router is then set up to forward the correct ports to the proper internal IP, in this case, the ports 7777, 6500, and 13000 are forwarded to 92.168.10.102, which is the internal address of the server.

For multiple servers, you must assign different ports. Each server will have it's own internal IP, say 92.168.10.104, 92.168.10.105, and 92.168.10.106. Each one must have it's own unique ports forwarded to it. These unique ports are listed in the startup command line along with the unique server name. (Each server name must be unique and registered with a commercial copy of the game) Each server has it's own dedicated ports in the internal network. You could have hundreds of servers behind a single external IP address.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe when the server is in your LAN that you see it in the list, but you cannot connect to it because of your firewall. Open ports at 7777 and 6500 by default.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by P33R_grendel View Post
    have the same problem, would like the solution to.

can see it in the internet list, cant connect.

Greetszz
    It's not a problem, use "open xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx" where xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx is the LAN IP and port of the server (ie. 192.168.1.100:7777). You can't join from the Internet list because that's trying to connect through your external IP (out to your ISP and back again).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, I've fixed my problem. P33R_grendel, my problem was different than yours, and I think I see what your problem is.

If you run a dedicated server and a client on the internal network, you will see the server in the browser list, but you can't connect to it. It will say 'connecting...' but never connect. The only way to connect to it is to hit F10 and type 'open 192.168.10.20' (or whatever the internal ip address of your server is). That should let you connect. It's not really a bug, but a feature of network address translation.

My problem was that I was using the same username for both client and server. That is why it wouldn't show up in the server browser. Additionally I could only play one match. After that I would get the error 'duplicate username detected' and be disconnected which prompted me to create an account for each. After doing that the server magically appeared in the browser.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    have the same problem, would like the solution to.

can see it in the internet list, cant connect.

Greetszz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I thought doing that removed your dedicated server from the server list. Can people on the internet connect after you've connected internally? Can you use the same gamespy account for the server and the client?

I can connect to my dedicated server using the 'open internal.ip.address' but it doesn't show up in the public server list. I'm pretty sure I have all the right ports open and the stun server is running.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah, why didn't I think of that right away. Obviously it worked. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Open the Client Console and type into :

"open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:Port"

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Joining own dedicated server.

Joining own dedicated server.

Hey, I'm having problems joining my own dedicated server. This is because the server and me is on the same network, and then when I join the server, it fails as the client and server has the same external IP. In UT2k4 I got around this problem by joining my server from the LAN tab. However, this is not possible in UT3 (it doesn't show up in LAN). Is there any solution to my problem?
Working...
X