Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated Server on Windows Server 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to install UT3 Dedicated Server on a Windows Server 2008 machine, yet the installer stops early with a message saying something to the effect that the server requires XP, Vista or Server 2003. Is there any reason why 2008 would not be able to run the server? If not, is there a way to force the install to continue anyway, or a time frame as to when this OS will be supported by the installer? I've tried using the compatibility settings, but no luck.

Thanks,
    Matt

I would guess the installer stops because the version checking code doesn't know about Server 2008, which hasn't been released yet.

Comment

You could install the Dedicated Server first on your Vista Pc, and then copy it over to the Windows Server 2008 Pc via Network or USB.

Comment

Originally posted by vnx View Post
        You could install the Dedicated Server first on your Vista Pc, and then copy it over to the Windows Server 2008 Pc via Network or USB.
        That's what I've thought of doing. I'd like to avoid uploading 2 gigs of data via the internet if I could.

Originally posted by vnx View Post
        I would guess the installer stops because the version checking code doesn't know about Server 2008, which hasn't been released yet.
        I've tried updating the ini files that come along with the installer to tell it about 2k8, but it doesn't seem to be using the values. Maybe I've got something setup wrong. As far as the release status, I'm running RC1 which has a Go Live license along with it, so it's as good as released just without the final tweaks they'll do before RTM.

Comment

Working...
        X