Linux Server Disconnecting People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Server Disconnecting People

Sorry to be a pain, I thought I may have seen this mentioned somewhere that linux servers do this... but my server after being on for x amount of time (say about 70 to 90 minutes), will just disconnect everyone and refuse to estabilish any new connections.

I was wondering if this is a) a common problem and b) if there are any fixes or a rough ETA on when epic will release a patch that will fix this problem?

Originally posted by r3sistance View Post
    Sorry to be a pain, I thought I may have seen this mentioned somewhere that linux servers do this... but my server after being on for x amount of time (say about 70 to 90 minutes), will just disconnect everyone and refuse to estabilish any new connections.

I was wondering if this is a) a common problem and b) if there are any fixes or a rough ETA on when epic will release a patch that will fix this problem?
    Same problems here, also when people vote for other map this problem happend.
    Somebody has any ideers to solve this?

Comment

Any one ?

Comment

Does it still show in the browser?

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
          Yes server is still appearing in browser just tested it, after we played 2 maps some 1 made a map vote and it happend again.
          We all get disconnected and couldent connect back, and the server is still running.

Comment

This is a known bug & is being worked on. There's a beta fix for it being tested.

Comment

My Issue is a little different as it seems more time based then event based but the results are probably the same... mass disconnects everyone... and still stays in server browser whilst refusing to allow anyone to create a connection to it...

Comment

So if there's a Beta fix where we can get ?
                Getting a bit sick of these kind bugs, perhaps Epic should had wait to bring out UT3 and did test it a bit more.
                Anyway thx for the reply.

Comment

you kidding? no game company wants to delay a christmas release >.>... (game companies do seriously worry more about deadlines then decent, well tested, debugged, quality assured games...) ah well, I really think that UT3 is UT2K3 mark II and hoping next year there will be a UT4 what is UT2K4 mark II to make up for it...

Comment

Originally posted by r3sistance View Post
                    you kidding? no game company wants to delay a christmas release >.>...
                    Yeah i know, those guys only see BIG $ and nothing more

Anyway your problem is the same as i have most of the time i saw it happend we played arround 60 Minutes or so.
                    And it happens also when people made a map vote on the end of the played map.
                    So i turned off the UT3 server for now because i cant sit here the hole day watching the server beeing fuc-ked up.

Comment

Originally posted by X-radius View Post
                      Yes server is still appearing in browser just tested it, after we played 2 maps some 1 made a map vote and it happend again.
                      We all get disconnected and couldent connect back, and the server is still running.
                      That's a problem. Mine does not seem to have that problem. It seems to run fine, at least I can always connect to it and it's smooth through the vote and into the next game. I have not edited the ini files. I only use a long command line.

I have had 3 problems/unknowns;
                      #1 due to the internet connection going out every few days for a couple of minutes. I only know this when it no longer appears in the browser. I have to kill and restart the server.

#2 error: unable to close a null session. I got that ths morning, not sure what that was. I had to kill and then restart the server.

#3 not sure if this is a problem, but sometimes after a match there will be something like this for some of the players; unable to write stats, player does not have a unique ID. Whenever this happens, that player no longer shows up in the score. Not sure if they quit the game early of if they were disconnected. Happens in both WAR and CTF.

BoBo-JoJo 6v6 CTF
                      JoJo-BoBot 6v6 WAR
                      AMD64 3700+
                      MSI Neo4
                      1GB DDR400
                      Linux dedicated server, ver 1.1

Comment

Btw is it just the 3 of us who are having this kind of troubles ?

#3 not sure if this is a problem, but sometimes after a match there will be something like this for some of the players; unable to write stats, player does not have a unique ID. Whenever this happens, that player no longer shows up in the score.
                        I found that also in my logfiles from the server, it looks like some people cant make the connection to Gamesspy.
                        Like you Oldkawman1, im using a pretty long command line below you can see it

server DM-ShangriLa?Game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?GameMode=0?minn etplayers=1?maxplayers=16?PureServer=1?timelimit=0 ?goalscore=15?ServerName=#Force'Gaming-MGC Recruiting UT3 Team?AdminPassword=XXX?bPlayersMustBeReady=True?bA llowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesPr esence=True?forcerespawn=1?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDe dicated=True?bShouldAdvertise=True -login=XXX -password=XXX -Port=7777 -log=ServerLog.txt

Comment

Have you subscribed to the UT3@icculus.org mailing list?

subscribe instructions - send an email to ut3-subscribe@icculus.org

There is a wiki, not much there as yet. http://wiki.unrealadmin.org

Comment

Working...
                          X