Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add Mutators WITHOUT changing the server start command?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add Mutators WITHOUT changing the server start command?

Hey guys!

I want to know whether it is possible to bring up the server running some mutators (Custom UT, NoRedeemer, etc.) WITHOUT changing the server start command like it is said in the readme of Custom UT for example!

"?Mutator=CustomUTv1a.UTMutator_CustomUTv1a"

This is very important for me because i cannot change the server start command @ my server provider. I just have the possiblity to restart the server with a simple reboot.

I also tried to switch on the mutators with mapchange and

"admin servertravel DM-Sentinel?Mutator=CustomUTv1a.UTMutator_CustomUTv1a "

but afterwards i just have an error ingame and there is no hud anymore.

Are there any solutions? In UT2k4 there was the possibilty to add all new mutators to the main ini in the "Serverpackages" section and to activate them through webinterface but it*s not possible in ut3 anymore!

I believe some web interface tools are in the works for server admins, else wise I am afraid I know of no ways to achieve this at the moment...

Comment

adminchangemap DM-Sentinal ?Mutator=CustomUTv1a.UTMutator_CustomUTv1a

or

adminchangemap DM-Sentinal?Mutator=CustomUTv1a.UTMutator_CustomUTv1a

Dunno really at the moment but one of these it is!

Comment

Ditch your server provider and go with a company that provides what is needed for UT3. I'll give you a free month if you switch to us. We offer a full web control panel that let's you customize and setup multiple command lines so you can easily switch to whatever configuration you need.

Comment

I may be wrong but I am going to take a guess and say your provider is NFO?, well you can add the mutators via the UTEngine.ini file under the local map sections but there is a problem with the ini file reading periods wrong in the string so you only have to replace the periods with a odd characters or even add second period to solve the problem.
          Give this a try it has worked in the past it may work for you.

[URL]
          Protocol=unreal
          Name=Player

Map=DM-Deck?mutator= this would be your command line remember to add extra period or odd characters no signal periods.

LocalMap=UTFrontEnd.ut3
          TransitionMap=EnvyEntry.ut3
          MapExt=ut3
          EXEName=UTGame.exe
          DebugEXEName=DEBUG-UTGame.exe
          SaveExt=usa
          Port=7777
          GameName=Unreal Tournament 3
          GameNameShort=UT3

Comment

I have exatly the same problem

Got a server with FTP acces but nothing as webinterface of any kind and then I don't know how to get started with mutators..

I tried what deathmaker said but seems not working.. but probably didn't get exactly what means :

this would be your command line remember to add extra period or odd characters no signal periods.
            what I did is :

[URL]
            Protocol=unreal
            Name=Player
            Map=DM-Sanctuary?Mutator=CustomUTv1a.UTMutator_CustomUTv1 a
            LocalMap=DM-Sanctuary?Mutator=CustomUTv1a.UTMutator_CustomUTv1 a
            MapExt=ut3
            EXEName=UTGame.exe
            SaveExt=usa
            Port=7777
            GameNameShort=UT3
            but still the server runs without this CustomUT... :/

Comment

Almost man use this example and read my explanation below.

[url]
              Protocol=unreal
              Name=Player
              Map=DM-Deck?mutator=CustomUTv1a..UTMutator_CustomUTv1a,No Redeemer..MutNoRedeemer
              LocalMap=UTFrontEnd.ut3
              MapExt=ut3
              EXEName=UTGame.exe
              SaveExt=usa
              Port=7777
              GameNameShort=UT3

If you're using the LocalMap entry in UTEngine.ini instead of specifying starting settings on the server's command line, you may have noticed that, frustratingly, the game's processing of this line has several bugs associated with it. Luckily, though, with just a few minutes' work and knowledge of how to address the bugs, it is fairly easy work around them.

The biggest bug is that the game often only reads up to a period (".") somewhere in the line, and then stops. Periods are common, such as in the specification of the DefaultGame ("UTGame.UTDeathmatch" by default), and you will also see them in many mutator specifications, so this is a commonly stumbled-upon condition. Our workaround for this is to add garbage characters to the end of the LocalMap line -- often something very simple such as a space and then another period character is all that is needed. Sometimes more characters, different random characters, or additional "." characters are required.

I don't see it nearly as often, but the LocalMap line is also processed incompletely when it is particularly long. It is a good idea to try to keep it short, and minimize the amount of variables it specifies (putting them elsewhere when you can). Some variables, like "NumPublicConnections" and "LockedServer", are no longer necessary (as of patch 1.1) and can be safely removed without re-adding them in another file.

I have also noticed that a question mark ("?") is necessary at the end of the line, before the garbage characters, for the last variable to be processed correctly. Otherwise, the game will think the garbage characters are being assigned to the last variable.

If you're not sure how much of your LocalMap line is being read by UT3, just open up the UTGame/Logs/DedicatedServer.log file and look for the LoadMap entry, which will usually be near the end of the log if the server was recently started. If you see only a partial line there, try adding more garbage characters to LocalMap (for instance, " as.ad.sfa.asdf.as"), and, if that does not work, try finding ways to shorten the line.

Hope this helps..

-DM

Comment

and it helped except that in your example you said :

Map=DM-Deck?mutator=CustomUTv1a..UTMutator_CustomUTv1a,No Redeemer..MutNoRedeemer
                LocalMap=UTFrontEnd.ut3
                and it didn't work
                so I changed too :

Map=DM-Deck?mutator=CustomUTv1a.UTMutator_CustomUTv1a,No Redeemer..MutNoRedeemer
                LocalMap=UTFrontEnd.ut3
                without the second dot in custom ut.... :/

Anyway thx m8 for your help, 'cause we were plenty of french guys expecting such a solution to run our servers...

Comment

I didn't know about this before, I got this to work

Code:
                  [URL]
                  Protocol=unreal
                  Name=Player
                  Map=DM-Deck?mutator=ServerStart.ServerStart.?jumk?
                  LocalMap=DM-Deck?mutator=ServerStart.ServerStart.?jumk?
                  in my UTServerStart.ini file, the command to run was

Code:
                  [ServerStart.ServerStart]
                  StartString=DM-BathroomIII_beta2a?Game=GaltanorsInvasion006.GaltanorsInvasion?GameMode=0?NumPlay=10?MaxPlayers=10?bIsLanMatch=True?bIsDedicated=False?TimeLimit=45?GoalScore=30?bUsesStats=True?ForceRespawn=0?BotSkill=3.0?Mutator=MutXMasPresents.MutXMasPresents,UTGame.UTMutator_LowGrav,JumpMod.UTMutator_JumpMod,ServerAdvertsInt.UTMutator_ServerAdvertsInt
                  the log shows

Code:
                  Log: Browse: DM-Deck?Name=Player?team=255?mutator=ServerStart.ServerStart
                  Log: LoadMap: DM-Deck?Name=Player?team=255?mutator=ServerStart.ServerStart
                  and then later

Code:
                  Log: Bringing World DM-BathroomIII_beta2a.TheWorld up for play (30) at 2008.01.03-09.12.55
                  ScriptLog: Mutators MutXMasPresents.MutXMasPresents,UTGame.UTMutator_LowGrav,JumpMod.UTMutator_JumpMod,ServerAdvertsInt.UTMutator_ServerAdvertsInt
                  ScriptLog: -- MAPVOTE is ENABLED!!!!!
                  ScriptLog: GaltanorsInvasion:InitGame() found 0 power cores.
                  ScriptLog: GaltanorsInvasion006.InvMutator Started.
                  all the mutators loaded just fine and the invasion mod.

Comment

I'll try your mut for sure m8 my priority was to learn how to do without it at first

Comment

Working...
                    X