Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help

hi there.
    im trying to run a dedicated server, only thing is ive never done it and can barely read script. the other links on this page make me so confused i dont know south from up.

i want to make a DM server with the folowing:
    50 Frag limit / 20 Min
    asign other ppl as admins.
    map vote
    have ingame comands like nextmap
    if possible to make the hoverboard available in DM

and thats about it.
    plz som1 help me, give me everything step by step. dont asume my logic will kick in somewhere...

plz help me

Use a command line generator

Go to the FAQ in this forum;

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586810

Lots of great info. As you scroll down you will find 4 links to command line generators. They all work, just fill in the blanks or click on the choices. Just remember, you have to change the command from windows to linux.

change ut3.exe to ./ut3

Copy and paste the command line into a text file for later use. You can make several with different options for later use.

Here is the wiki, make sure you book mark it.
    http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/FAQ:UT3

Comment

ok those stuff totaly lost me. i got myself a code:

ut3.exe server DM-Arsenal?Game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?MaxPlayers=8?Goal Score=50?TimeLimit=20?MinNetPlayers=1?NumPlay=0?Bo tSkill=0?Vsbots=1.0?ForceRespawn=1?GameMode=0?Muta tor=UTGame.UTMutator_WeaponsRespawn?ServerDescript ion=0850000840000510000320001160001010001090001120 00032000115000101000114000118000101000114000?Admin Email=SoetSout@hotmail.com?AdminPassword=*****?bIs Dedicated=True?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=F alse?bUsesStats=False?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?Pu reServer=1?LockedServer=0?NumPublicConnections=5?N umPrivateConnections=5 -Login=******** -Password=****** -Port=7777 -QueryPort=7777 -logfile=lolika -unattended

now i realy need help with how do i run it?

did i forget to mention that my ut3 wont allow me to host cuz it says my ports are wrong. i disabled my whole firewall and it steal gives me ****(this part of comps im good at)

so i know it aint the router.

sooo more detail plz

Comment

You need to forward the ports on your router to your ut3 server. Login to the router via the standard browser with the router address. http://192.168.10.1 for some, but find the one your router uses in the manual. Then go to the router setup, usually advanced setup or settings, port forwarding. Many different router setup pages and no two are the same. You need to list the 3 ports to forward, UDP, assign to the address the router assigned to your UT3 server, say, 192.168.10.101 for example. To find out this address type ifconfig as root. It will be the same as your router except for the numbers after the last period.

you need to go to the Binaries subdirectory where you installed the server, usually,
        cd /usr/local/games/ut3-dedicated/Binaries/
        then paste in your command line
        ./ut3 server .............................

Comment

Originally posted by SoetSout View Post
          i disabled my whole firewall and it steal gives me ****(this part of comps im good at)

so i know it aint the router.

sooo more detail plz
          this is a known issue many peeps trying to host servers with the retail version are having. Its due to the fact that UT3 uses "STUN" to figure out if its behind a NAT'd router or not. Many routers do not support this yet, so its causing a huge issue.... Short of putting ur server in the DMZ (not reccommended due to security issues) ur only other option is to dl the dedicated server ver and run that for ur server.

Comment

i have the dedicated server also.
            the ports i should open i did. it doesnt realy matter cuz my netgear router's firewall is completely disabled and i still get the eror.

im working on XP if it helps.

"you need to go to the Binaries subdirectory where you installed the server, usually,
            cd /usr/local/games/ut3-dedicated/Binaries/
            then paste in your command line
            ./ut3 server .............................
            "

im so lost here. whats ./ut3 ??
            and with what exe do i run the server??

Comment

You need to forward the ports from the router. Even with firewall down, the router still assigns the server an address.

Your best off keeping the router firewall on and turning off the windows one.

Comment

windows is always off. its a piece of kak. just bugs me.
                what are all the ports again??

Comment

The router assigns, if your using DHCP, (or you need to manually assign) a different address to each box connected to it. Say the router IP you see is 192.168.10.1, then it assigns 92.168.10.101 to your game box, 92.168.10.103 to your workstation, and 92.168.10.102 to the server. These are internal numbers, those outside your network see only the IP number assigned to your cable modem or broadband converter. The router is then set up to forward the correct ports to the proper internal IP, in this case, the ports 7777, 6500, and 13000 are forwarded to 92.168.10.102, which is the internal address of the server.

More info in the FAQ
                  http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586810

Comment

Working...
                  X