Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LeetServers.com sez UT3 Server Not Ready FOr Prime Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LeetServers.com sez UT3 Server Not Ready FOr Prime Time!

I sent a request to put a UT3 server at leetservers.com.........

Question I have tried 2 Game Server Companies and they could not setup UT3 the way I wanted it. GameServers and Art Of War Central. ( it was a hassle to get my money back ) Now I need to know for a fact that you can setup a UT3 The Way I want it setup. Im not going to go thru the hassle about getting my money back like I did with those other guys above if you cant setup the server the way I want it

1. 24 User server
    2. Mutators:
    2.A. Friendly Fire
    2B. Change Weapons Mutator ( its in patch 1.1 ) The
    Only Weapons I want to show up in the game is just the following: Rockets - Avrils - Reedeemers ( this mutator is configurable ) Let me know ok?
    Thanks UT3sysop

End of On Site Contact Form
    Re: On Site Contact Form: UT3sysop,

diane@leetservers.com

show details 2:33 PM (22 hours ago)

Hi UT3sysop!!

UT3 is no way ready for primetime and should have never been released YET, nothing works right at this time. I will have to be honest with you. We can't do what you ask at this point in time.

=bobby

well i am hosting a server with art of war central and have no problems. I have a 24 man warfare server and its runs great with zero lag and everyones pings stay the same through out the match.

I think the problem is with the way you are requesting the server to be setup. Friendly fire? I am not sure there is a mod for that. Only those weapons? Odd, but if theres a mutator than it can be set. Most game companies will only set up the server for you and the mutator configurations are usually up to you. They usually lack the know how to do such things as you are requesting.

I suggest that you goto www.unrealadmin.org and start learning how to configure the server yourself. This way you can rent a server and set it up however you choose without relying on the company that hosts it.

As far as leetservers is concerned they obviously dont want peoples business for hosting ut3 servers. They gave you a completely biased response to your question. The game is run on tons of servers with all kinds of mutators so i don't see what the problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
      well i am hosting a server with art of war central and have no problems. I have a 24 man warfare server and its runs great with zero lag and everyones pings stay the same through out the match. I think the problem is with the way you are requesting the server to be setup. Friendly fire? I am not sure there is a mod for that.
      I suggest you look at the mutators in patch 1.1 its all there DOH!!!

Have a nice day

Comment

UT3 has friendly fire right out of the box.

Comment

question, why are you spaming this on more then one unreal related forum http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=193732 and then editing it with 2 differnt names? Are you Hozer as in the post on BU or UT3Sysop as on these forums, or both?

Furthermore whats with your response to killerus? given the nature of your first post in this thread it makes no sense to me. Are you just looking to dis leetservers or something?

Comment

Originally posted by (¯°·«èXó»·°¯) View Post
            Are you just looking to dis leetservers or something?
            What a D.A. hehehehe leestservers are the ones that sent me the email response!! or cant you read? Get a grip dude

Comment

i think even a retarted monkey such as yourself can understand you recieved the response. That in itself was not the question. But aprently you are the one that cant read D.A.

So far all you have done is spam this so called message you recieved on some forums and why exactly is that? Acording to BU it apeared you were looking for some help in the matter of getting a server company to host a server for you per your request. But after reading your copy/paste here it apears more that you are not all that interested in help from anyone, killerus, myself etc and simply are looking to spam and instigate.

but to each there own i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by UT3sysop View Post
                I sent a request to put a UT3 server at leetservers.com.........

Question I have tried 2 Game Server Companies and they could not setup UT3 the way I wanted it. GameServers and Art Of War Central.

The way "You want it" is probably not real worlds expectations.

Most hosting companies are going to give you a stock server config and that is it. You need to add the mods yourself. If you expect a game provider to hold your hand and do your mods for you, then it will cost you alot of money. Good luck trying to find that for free.

There are plenty of server companies who are already sucessfully hosting UT3 servers to the capability that they are possibly expected, that includes GS and AWOC.

Comment

Yeah , I have a server with AoWC also and they only set up the basics and you have to do the rest. I doubt (I could be wrong) that you will find a game server provider to set up a custom server for you like that, and besides your better off doing it your self imo.

Comment

Congratulations, I'll make sure I never go to leetservers. Obviously don't know a thing....

Gameservers should have been able to set yours up like that... You'd need to have given them the command line though, not just asked them to do it.

Comment

Congratulations, I'll make sure I never go to leetservers. Obviously don't know a thing....

well said!

Comment

A game hosting company offers multi games services and can't know each game they host in its smallest details.
                        If u want something very specific,it's up to u but u have most prolly to give them the command line.
                        I have been customer more than one year at leetservers.com and have nothing bad to say matter of their services.

Comment

Originally posted by UT3sysop View Post
                          I suggest you look at the mutators in patch 1.1 its all there DOH!!!

Have a nice day
                          you missed the whole part where i suggested you goto www.unrealadmin.org and do some reading on how to configure mutators on a server. As others have said you will not find a game company that will set it up exactly how you want it. They don't have the knowledge base to accomplish this. The company loads the basic game configurations on a server and hands it over to you. It's up to you to do the rest. All of the companies will give you FTP access so you can edit the ini files to add any mutator you see fit.

Comment

Well,
                            Like they say bad press is better than NO press. He PAID for a server from 2 different companies and HE says they can't get it right. We tell him that we can't honor his wishes and what happens, WE get flamed. NICE!!! He goes to 2 different forums and flames us and not the other 2 companies. maybe if he spent time learning how to cfg his server he would have less time to flame.

=Diane

Comment

Originally posted by LeetServers.com View Post
                              Well,
                              maybe if he spent time learning how to cfg his server he would have less time to flame.

=Diane
                              Rofl! Most of the info is in the F.A.Q. This is my first time setting up a server myself... and somehow, I managed!

Comment

Working...
                              X