Error guys have been getting lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error guys have been getting lately

connection failed: required package A_weapon_biofile was not found (download already attempted)"

Anyone seen this or have a solution?

Thx.

i was getting this problem alot from a map called dm-bedroom i posted about it here and never got an answer, however a guy from irc seems to think maybe the map author ported it from 2k4 and sumhow the old biorifle wep got ported with it...no idea though for sure i just deleted the map from my rotation

Comment

It seems to be a problem related to custom maps, and the process of 'cooking' them or something.

I've been investigating this but I didn't figure it out before going on vacation so it'll have to wait a bit. So far, the most likely cause is a bug in the cooking process; AFAIK uncooked maps do not show this error, so if you can get uncooked versions from the map designers that will work around the issue until I can figure out what's going on.

-Matt

Comment

a bug ! maybe

Comment

The server is trying to push packages that aren't even required on some maps!!! The client complains and dumps you out. SAP/THEEDGE posted the same issue with A_Vehicle_Darkwalker. Remember -- these are "core" packages to the game so it should not have to push them.

It looks like a server bug.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594372

Comment

Thx guys, will let my guys know

Comment

Ours started doing this with the A-Darkwalker-Vehicle. It seems to have something to do with the custom maps being cooked or not.

Comment

Yes... it locks down a server until it's restarted.

I have seen this happen exclusively with custom maps on our vCTF and WAR servers. Strange thing is we have a DM server running tons of custom maps and it never locks down like this. I wonder if a map was created with a client running and older patch version may conflict with a server running the official version? I for one would love to see this rectified as it's very frustrating.

Comment

Was there an answer from Epic on this issue?

Comment

The quote above is from Matt from Epic, which he email around the mailing list when someone asked about this. So yes, it's a bug to do with cooking maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Smaz View Post
                      The quote above is from Matt from Epic, which he email around the mailing list when someone asked about this. So yes, it's a bug to do with cooking maps.
                      Sorry Smaz! -- I simply forgot to re-read the thread. Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Yes this error is due to the maps being cooked with patch below the official patch. We'll I'll be testing it tonight on my server and will report if it worked on belows thread:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...6#post25169876

~Res

Comment

Working...
                        X