Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapvoting doesnt work on the linux server

Hi,

I succeeded to get mapvoting working on my own server, on servers at a big-lanparty.
    Now we have rented an own server, it is linux.
    But at this one I cant get it working.

I think it is because of when I go to the UTConfig folder of the server I only see Defaultxxxx.ini 's so I only can change those settings, but I am not quite sure about this so I need your advise on that one.
    Here some additional information:

[Engine.GameInfo]
    DefaultGame=UTGame.UTDeathmatch
    DefaultServerGame=UTGame.UTDeathmatch
    bAdminCanPause=true
    bChangeLevels=True
    PlayerControllerClassName=UTGame.UTPlayerControlle r
    GameDifficulty=+1.0
    MaxPlayers=12
    MaxSpectators=2

[UTGame.UTGame]
    BotRatio=+1.0
    GoalScore=30
    bTournament=false
    bPlayersMustBeReady=false
    NetWait=15
    ClientProcessingTimeout=30
    RestartWait=30
    MinNetPlayers=2
    bWaitForNetPlayers=true
    LateEntryLives=1
    TimeLimit=20
    GameDifficulty=+5.0
    EndTimeDelay=4.0
    bAllowMapVoting=True
    VoteDuration=45
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTDuelGame", Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-HeatRay","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa"))
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTDeathmatch ",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-HeatRay","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa"))
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTTeamGame", Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-HeatRay","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa"))
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTCTFGame_Co ntent",Maps=("CTF-Coret","CTF-Hydrosis","CTF-Reflection","CTF-Vertebrae","CTF-OmicronDawn","CTF-Strident"))
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTVehicleCTF Game_Content",Maps=("VCTF-Containment","VCTF-Corruption","VCTF-Kargo","VCTF-Necropolis","VCTF-Sandstorm","VCTF-Suspense"))
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTOnslaughtG ame_Content",Maps=("WAR-Downtown","WAR-SinkHole","WAR-Dusk","WAR-Islander","WAR-Avalanche","WAR-MarketDistrict","WAR-OnyxCoast","WAR-Powersurge","WAR-Serenity","WAR-FloodGate","WAR-Torlan"))
    MaxCustomChars=12

k
    I found a folder ut3/ut3/utgame/config

but it is empty so I uploaded the ini files to there, but server is still using the defaultini files under utgame/config and not those under ut3/ut3/utgame/config

Anyone? or do I have to mention this to the serverprovider?

Comment

My Linux server setup had map vote enabled by default. I use command line only, no ini file editing at all. I just copy and paste the thing from a text file. I used one of the web pages for creating the command line and it worked like that by default. This is for a WAR server in case that has anything to do with it..

I used all 4 of the command line generators posted in the FAQ to compare outputs. Some gave a server traveler, which i have not used, and some a line to add to the ini files for map voting, but I did not need to use. All were pretty much the same. The entire install and setup are default.

Comment

ye but this is a rented server, so I have no power to change commandlines
        only ini's

Comment

According to the FAQ, if you can login via the console as admin, you can place the entire command line through the console,

This site gives you the traveler; http://www.m3nt0r.de/ut3/startupgen.html

Or, find the [UTGame.UTGame] section and for WAR add:

GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTOnslaughtG ame_Content",Maps=("WAR-Downtown","WAR-SinkHole","WAR-Dusk","WAR-Islander","WAR-Avalanche","WAR-MarketDistrict","WAR-OnyxCoast","WAR-Powersurge","WAR-Serenity","WAR-FloodGate","WAR-Torlan","WAR-TankCrossing"))

This site gives you the that line; http://www.kitah.org/ut3/ut3clgen.php

Comment

Sry but that is not an answer to my questions.
            You cant place commands like -login=,-nohomedir, -configsubdir=,... in your console as an admin, doesnt work like that.

And I know how you enable voting, But the servers uses Defaultini's under UTGame\Config
            And not the ones under ut3/ut3/ut3/utgame/config.
            The reason why mapvoting doesn't work is because of the defaultini's.

It is just weird, it is a linux server so it is supposed to load the ini's under ut3/ut3/ut3/utgame/config.

Comment

same question i also have linux server and it reads from defaults....

edit

it works but only @ end of match wich is kinda bad lol..

is there vote during match? or only at the end?

Comment

only at the end

but if you install CustomUTv1a you can do a vote midgame

Comment

installed...kinda stupid if u play lets say duel and other player left u cant change map...

Comment

Originally posted by petillan View Post
                    only at the end

but if you install CustomUTv1a you can do a vote midgame
                    Petillan you installed CustomUT but have no acces to command line right? Could you please explain here how you managed that??

Got a rented server, only access to In's via FTP and try to figure out how to instal and run mutators...

Comment

well customut is a mutator you install it like this:
                      put the ini files under \utgame\config\
                      put the script files under \utgame\CookedPC\Script\
                      put the texture files under \utgame\CookedPC\Textures\

then you need to load the mutator you can do this in your startupline or with the adminlogin on your server.
                      the command is ?mutator=mutatorname1,mutatorname2,mutatorname3,.. .
                      the mutatorname is the classname which you can find in your mutator ini file

for e.g. to load customutv1a:

adminlogin xxxxxxxxxx
                      admin servertravel ?mutator=CustomUTv1a.UTMutator_CustomUTv1a

Comment

thx m8 worked fine

Comment

Working...
                        X