• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded UDP ports correctly...friends can't connect

UDP: 6500
    UDP: 7777
    UDP: 13000

These ports are forwarded to my system exactly as described in the FAQ. No one has been able to connect to me so far, by console IP command or friend list, whether I'm running dedicated or listen servers.

I run UT2004 servers for the same people on a regular basis. Those ports are forwarded, and we've never had problems connecting. Why is it an issue in this version?

If you are still runing your UT2K4 dedi server, you have to use another port for the UT3 dedi server.
    Ex :
    - your UT2K4 dedi server use port 7777 for connexion
    - your UT3 dedi server have to use port 7779 for user connexion

just add " -Port=7779" in the command line which launch the UT3 dedi server

and, of course, add the 7779 port in your router config

Hop this help (and appologies my poor english language)

Comment

This thread may solve your problems:
      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=25190028

Comment

what is the command to connect to IP?

Comment

Don't use the "open" command for joining internet servers. It will force the server into LAN mode (last I heard). This will remove it from the server browser.

Comment

We've tried just about everything...forwarded every port that everyone's suggested, even resorted to trying to run a LAN server over Hamachi.

NOTHING works. We are in no way able to connect directly with each other and play a private game.

Comment

If you are running listen server then it should notify you if you have any network issues. One thing I would advise, don't rely on the server browser, hit F10 and "open ip" IE, "open 85.234.131.137". What would be my server (tho it's rarely on at the second as it keeps disconnecting everyone every 70~90 minutes and needs restarting... but it does show up in the server browser!). If you are not running on 7777 then instead do iport number, IE "open 85.234.131.137:7779".

Comment

Originally posted by Crytoptic View Post
                We've tried just about everything...forwarded every port that everyone's suggested, even resorted to trying to run a LAN server over Hamachi.

NOTHING works. We are in no way able to connect directly with each other and play a private game.
                What IP do you forward the ports to? Do you see the server in the browser?

Comment

Cryptoptic, did you check the thread I suggested? Make sure your STUN server works correctly, and people should be able to connect to you.

For testing purposes, do the following:
                  Remove your router and connect your PC directly to your modem. If people still can't connect to you, then I can't help you. If you ARE connectable, then the STUN server is not installed correctly.

Comment

Working...
                  X