admin login doesnt work?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

admin login doesnt work?!?!

hi there! got a problem that i couldn't solve for 2 hours of searching in here...
    in v1.0 the adminlogin [password] command worked fine (looked like this:
    [Engine.AccessControl]
    IPPolicies=ACCEPT;*
    AdminPassword=progamer
    GamePassword=)

but as i updated to 1.1, i couldn't login as admin anymore.
    i don't use dedicated server, only want to host simple lan games

already tried to set it under "", didn't work either

hope you can help me!

You are correct, adminlogin doesn't work anymore on listen servers.

But apparently you can change the map. "servertravel DM-Deck" or just "servertravel" to restart the map
    Also "killbots" and "addbots x" works. Other than that, I dunno

Comment

Originally posted by Entil'Zha View Post
      You are correct, adminlogin doesn't work anymore on listen servers.

But apparently you can change the map. "servertravel DM-Deck" or just "servertravel" to restart the map
      Also "killbots" and "addbots x" works. Other than that, I dunno
      thanks a lot! that helped for once =) but i have a second problem: is there a command like in tacops "showvotetab" or does the vote window automatically appear after map end? i set the ini file like it was mentioned in another topic (with map cycle and so...) but there isn't any vote window coming up? o.0

Comment

Yes it appears after the game has ended
        You can easily test this by setting the time limit temporarily to 1 and then see if it works.

Comment

okay, works too now, thx =) next prob: if i'm in teamgame and do (for example) "servertravel vctf-containment", game type doesn't change, so i play containment in teamgame mode... possible to change gametype too?

edit: is that voting system only working on deathmatch or teamdeathmatch? o.0

Comment

No it's working in every gamemode but every gamemode has its own ini entry, so you can enable/disbale mapvote for every gamemode.

For instance, in your UTGame.ini you will find [UTGame.UTDeathmatch] or
            [UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content] with the specific settings for that gamemode.
            General settings you will find in UTGame.UTGame.

Anyway, an easy way to change gamemode is to use the exec command !

1. In your Binaries folder (the folder where UT3.exe is) create a text file, i.e. vctf1.txt

2. Open the file and write:
            Code:
            open vCTF-Containment?Game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content?listen
            Save the file.

3. after logging in or when playing just open the console and do
            Code:
            exec vctf1.txt
            This is easier than typing the whole command.

You can make additional text files for DM or TDM

Code:
            open DM-Deck?Game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?listen
            Code:
            open DM-Deck?Game=UTGame.UTTeamGame?listen

Comment

ok, that thing with the external files works fine, also the voting system... works in all modes but warfare... i don't know why, got absolutely no idea... just look
              Code:
              [UTGame.UTOnslaughtGame]
              ResetTimeDelay=18
              NetWait=15
              GoalScore=3
              bSwapSidesAfterReset=true
              bAllowMapVoting=true
              map cycle...
              Code:
              GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTOnslaughtGame_Content",Maps=("WAR-Avalanche","WAR-Dusk","WAR-Floodgate","WAR-Islander","WAR-MarketDistrict","WAR-OnyxCoast","WAR-PowerSurge","WAR-Serenity","WAR-Sinkhole","WAR-TankCrossing","WAR-Torlan","WAR-Avalanche?LinkSetup=Alt","WAR-Downtown","WAR-Dusk?LinkSetup=Alt","WAR-Islander_Necris","WAR-Serenity_Necris","WAR-Torlan?LinkSetup=classic","WAR-Torlan?LinkSetup=short","WAR-Torlan?LinkSetup=TwoFronts","WAR-Torlan_Necris","WAR-Downtown?LinkSetup=Alt"))
              edit: ok, got it, only seemed that it doesn't work, goalscore was set to 3, so a minimum of 2 warfare games had to be played, fixed that, now working fine =) only 1 more prob: all of my mutators can be viewd and selected within UT3, but none works =( maybe i did something wrong with directories?

Comment

Hmm can't really help you with mutators because I haven't tested those at all.
                But there's some thread(s) about them in the Serv. Adm. forum I think.

Comment

Working...
                X