Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems joining a non dedicated Server, any solutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems joining a non dedicated Server, any solutions?

Hi folks,

would like to know if anyone got it worked to run a server from home so ppl can connect to it? The Problem is, that it always says connecting but it wont load the game. My friend has got an router and he opened port 7777, 6500 and 13000 then he hosted the homeserver i could see it in the friendslist so i tried to "follow him" but it always says connecting and nothin happens.
    Same for me but i havent a router just a software firewall.

I hope anyone has got an solution for that, or could tell me if this is a common Problem, thx in advance.
    Cheers

If he's behind a NAT router he needs to forward those ports to his private ip, not just open them.

Comment

Yes he forwarded these ports to his IP too, but it just dont works. Also i havent got a router, and i dont need to open ports anyway. I have a software firewall and it also wont work. So at least if someone wants to connect to my private server my firewall should give me a warning that another PC wants to connect me, but nothin happens, it says connecting all the time.

Its a shame that its possible to host your own homeserver in every common ten years old game but not with UT3. Epic just screwed this up i guess.

Comment

Yes, many people are running "homeservers." We cant possibly troubleshoot the problem without having anything to go on from your friend's end. Its impossible to say whats wrong when the only information is "I know a guy who has a server and it doesnt work. Why is that?"

Comment

I have been trying to host for two days now with zero luck.
          When I click on Multiplayer, then host, I get the error message stating I need to run a DMZ or whatever, and forward my ports which I have as you can see in the picture below.

As far as I know, I only need ports 7777, 7778, 27900, and 6500 open.
          All point to my internal IP of my PC too.
          Very frustrating to say the least.
          I can connect to games online though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubious View Post
            Yes, many people are running "homeservers." We cant possibly troubleshoot the problem without having anything to go on from your friend's end. Its impossible to say whats wrong when the only information is "I know a guy who has a server and it doesnt work. Why is that?"
            OK my Problem is the following: I click on Multiplayer, then Host(not dedicated), after the Server setup the game loads the Map and then i am all alone on my "homeserver" . My friend can see the server in the friendlist with the status joinable if he clicks on follow player it just says connecting and nothing happens, no error message or anything it just wont connect. I dont have a Router, im just running Norton Internet Security thats all.

Same for my friend only that he does have a Router and after he setup the server i can see it in the friendlist and if i follow him, its the same problem it says connecting and nothing happens.

So do you think thats just a problem between my friend and me? If you know many people who are running homeservers could you ask them for advice? Hope so

Comment

So anyone got an advice for my problem?
              Is there anywhere a faq for creating a non dedicated homeserver?

I never had problems hosting a server at home at any game. It must be the result of Multiplatforming, thats a shame....

Bad Job Epic

Comment

There is an option on my router for turning NAT off. NAT is the problem here but i really don't think i should turn it off.

What should i do

Comment

The solution is in this thread (it helped me set up my server):

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=25190028

Comment

Working...
                  X