Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch 1 Beta 4 taking servers off the master list?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Patch 1 Beta 4 taking servers off the master list?

    Does patch1 beta 4 still take servers off the master list? or is there and ini setting that must be made to make them appear whent hat patch is installed?

    I know this was a known issue with beta2 and the reason is was pulled so quickly. However, i have tried both 3 and 4 and have the same problem.

    can someone confirm?

    #2
    One of my test servers which is behind a router using NAT is on Patch1Beta4 and has been showing in the master browser just fine with nothing extra.

    In addition the redirect is working nicely too.

    Comment


      #3
      what command line are you using? I have tried it on a warfare server and it started fine, no problems in the logs, but it was not in the master list anymore.

      Code:
      Server WAR-Torlan?LinkSetup=classic?MaxPlayers=24?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublicConnections=24?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=24?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesPresence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesArbitration=False?bIsDedicated=True?bIsListPlay=False?OwningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?AverageSkillRating=0.000000?GameMode=2?Difficulty=6?PureServer=1?LockedServer=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespawn=0?CustomMapName=WAR-Torlan?LinkSetup=classic?CustomGameMode=UTGameContent.UTOnslaughtGame_Content?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=20?AdminPassword=xxxxxx?NumPlay=2?game=UTGameContent.UTOnslaughtGame_Content?name=xxxxxxx?alias=xxxxxxxx
      -Multihome=xx.xx.xx.xx -log=DedicatedServer.log

      Comment


        #4
        I'll post my commandline in a few hours when I get home.

        Comment


          #5
          Ok here is one of my command lines

          ut3.exe server DM-HeatRay?mutator=UTGame.UTMutator_LowGrav,ZarkRifle FN.UTWeap_ZarkRifleFN,UTGame.UTMutator_WeaponRepla cement?numpublicconnections=4?bIsLanMatch=false?go alscore=30?timelimit=30?bShouldAdvertise=true?bisd edicated=true?serverdescription=Test_server?game=U TGame.UTDeathMatch?GamePassword=xxxx?numplay=4?Adm inPassword=xxxxxx -login=xxxxxxx -password=xxxxxx -ServerBehindNAT=true -unattended -nohomedir

          Not sure why there are some odd spaces, they appeared when I pasted.

          Comment


            #6
            Fixed.

            It was the command line. Yanked out several command line setting and it started working. This was also a problem with the released version of the patch.

            moral, apply the KISS principle to the command line.

            Comment


              #7
              My server is doing the same thing. installed 1.01 patch beta4 and now it's not showing in the master list

              I'm going to try adding the behindNATrouter cmd to my line and see if that fixes my problem because I do not at the time have that command in the line what's the nohomedir command for? I know it's for running multiple servers but how do you set that up? If I add that to the command line on my current server setup it disables my map cycle.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Haunting View Post
                what's the nohomedir command for? I know it's for running multiple servers but how do you set that up? If I add that to the command line on my current server setup it disables my map cycle.
                If you add -nohomedir then your .ini files will be located at \Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\UTGame\Config\ instead of in your MyDocuments location. The reason that you lose your map rotation when you use it is because your map rotation is located in the .ini files at the old path and your server doesnt see them there any longer. If you simply copy those .ini files into your new location then use the -nohomedir switch the server will find and use them properly.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thanks for the info on the -nohomedir

                  No dice on the server though... added the line ServerBehindNAT=True and I can not get it in the master list anymore this is a beta4 patch problem it was full and working last night and now I see nothing

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Server CTF-Strident?MaxPlayers=18?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublicCo nnections=18?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublic Connections=18?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShould Advertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?b AllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesP resence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesArbit ration=False?bIsDedicated=True?bIsListPlay=False?O wningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?AverageSkillRating=100 0.000000?GameMode=1?Difficulty=2?PureServer=1?Lock edServer=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespawn=0?CustomMapName =CTF-Strident?CustomGameMode=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Co ntent?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?ServerDescription=0 84000051000032000045000061000067000084000070000032 00008300010100011400011800010100011400006100004500 0?NumPlay=3?game=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content?n ame=HauntedBox?adminpassword=xxxx?alias=HauntedBox -log=DedicatedServer.log -Login=HauntedBox -Password=xxxxxx -ServerBehindNAT=True -unattended

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Haunting View Post
                      Server CTF-Strident?MaxPlayers=18?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublicCo nnections=18?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublic Connections=18?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShould Advertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?b AllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesP resence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesArbit ration=False?bIsDedicated=True?bIsListPlay=False?O wningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?AverageSkillRating=100 0.000000?GameMode=1?Difficulty=2?PureServer=1?Lock edServer=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespawn=0?CustomMapName =CTF-Strident?CustomGameMode=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Co ntent?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?ServerDescription=0 84000051000032000045000061000067000084000070000032 00008300010100011400011800010100011400006100004500 0?NumPlay=3?game=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content?n ame=HauntedBox?adminpassword=xxxx?alias=HauntedBox -log=DedicatedServer.log -Login=HauntedBox -Password=xxxxxx -ServerBehindNAT=True -unattended
                      Holy **** thats a big commandline!

                      We can trim that down to something a lot more manageable.

                      Code:
                      ut3.exe server CTF-Strident?MaxPlayers=18?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?NumPlay=3?game=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content?adminpassword=xxxx -log=DedicatedServer.log -Login=HauntedBox -Password=xxxxxx -unattended
                      Try that and see if it fixes your problem.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        That fixed it mate Thanks!

                        Guess like the other guy there is some junk in my command line that was causing the issue.

                        Next question relating back to the -nohomedir would it make life easier for running more than 1 server using that now? or for right now (only running this 1 server) just leave it out of the command line?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Haunting View Post
                          Next question relating back to the -nohomedir would it make life easier for running more than 1 server using that now? or for right now (only running this 1 server) just leave it out of the command line?
                          When you start to run multiple servers you will either have to use the -nohomedir or -configsubdir switches. Once you have multiple servers they cannot all use the same .ini files so you will have to pick whichever switch is bet suited for your installation.

                          If you are only running one server then it makes no difference now, but you will eventually have to migrate to the new config if you plan on adding an additional server.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X