owningplayerid killing the server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

owningplayerid killing the server.

I have noticed a few time in Gametracker that the current map of my CTF and iCTF servers (nimbleMinds + nimbleMinds2) is something with owningplayerid-11.... and that nobody seems to be able to connect to it anymore.
    I think this is due to 1 person joining the server and kills the server so that everybody is kicked from the server.

When i restart the server the current map is a normal map again and players will join again.

So my question is:
    How the **** is it possible that 1 person is able to kill a server on which many players have been playing whole day?

Will this be fixed?

And what can i do to prevent this from happening?

It could be possible someone used the 'open 12.34.56.78:7777' console command, which is buggy & can crash servers that aren't patched. This is fixed in the beta patches AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by Smaz View Post
      It could be possible someone used the 'open 12.34.56.78:7777' console command, which is buggy & can crash servers that aren't patched. This is fixed in the beta patches AFAIK.
      The open command seems to switch the server to LAN mode. Then the server will likely only allow LAN based clients to join.

Comment

Working...
      X