Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dedicated Server Specs? (Minimum and Recommended?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated Server Specs? (Minimum and Recommended?)

Wondering if there are any minimum and recommended specs for a Dedicated Server? (Throw 'em in the FAQ, and the 'Download mirror' list?) (Also, should say 'coming soon' for the Linux and Mac versions too, to head off any further questions)

The Linux server should, according to Ryan, be shipped to the same time the Patch 1.1 releases.

To hardware requirements: I think a 1.0 Ghz CPU with 128MB plus 32MB per player will last.

Comment

Wait a minute. Patch 1.1? I thought we were waiting on "patch 1" right now since it's in beta. So we actually need to wait longer for 1.1? Or does 1.1 = first official patch?

Comment

Odd question, being that the FAQ does indeed address this question:

What are the hardware requirements to run a dedicated server?
        - This entirely depends on the number of players you wish to host. A 1-vs-1 private server can run on processors as small as 1.5ghz, while a 32-player server may need a multi-core 3.0ghz+ processor PC. The dedicated server uses approximately 250megs of RAM, so at least 512megs of installed RAM is recommended for even the smallest server. Multiple dedicated servers running on the same PC will require 1gig or more of installed RAM. The dedicated server requires approximately 2.5gigs of HD space.

Obviously it cant list the exact requirements for every possible configuration but it tells you how much RAM, HD space, and processor you should expect to use.

Comment

Originally posted by headfog View Post
          Wait a minute. Patch 1.1? I thought we were waiting on "patch 1" right now since it's in beta. So we actually need to wait longer for 1.1? Or does 1.1 = first official patch?
          1.1 should be the build version after the patch is released. If you notice in your patched client it shows your version as 1.1 beta4 or whatever beta version you have installed.

Comment

We got a P4 3,2 Ghz HT enable on a Asus P5M2 board with 2 Gb of ram. The CPU only gets to 45% with 12 people connected to it. (Server running Patch 1 - beta 4)

Comment

depends how many players you want to run from it....

I have
              Intel Dual Core Xeon 2.4GHz - 4MB Cache (1066fsb)
              4GB of DDR2 RAM 1066

Out of that i can run 5 servers with about 140 players with the CPU runing at 80% max

Comment

How manny players do you think my server can handle??

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4ghz (4 cores )
                2 Gig ram
                Fedora Linux

Comment

How many servers you would like to run on it ? If it's just one, I think you can run 32 people for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by worldofchris View Post
                    How manny players do you think my server can handle??

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4ghz (4 cores )
                    2 Gig ram
                    Fedora Linux
                    You could easily run a couple of servers w/32 player limits or multiple smaller ones (say 1 assigned to each core), if you have the bandwidth available.

Comment

yes assign with taskset X000001 for core 1? or whats the exact command?

Comment

Working...
                      X