Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 1 Patch r3

I have tested all 3 beta patches.
    None of them allow me to launch a LAN server. Many others have the same problem. As far as I know, it can't be done.
    No problem with the non-patched ver. 1.00.
    Epic must be aware of this. What is their plan, leave it broken in all of the beta's and surprise everyone on the official release and hope it works?
    I just don't understand what they are doing. They were always so good with patching the other UT games.

What problem are you having exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
      I have tested all 3 beta patches.
      None of them allow me to launch a LAN server. Many others have the same problem. As far as I know, it can't be done.
      I can do it just fine and in less than 5 minutes. I outlined the procedure here: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=587587

People who are still having problems likely have some setting in their router which is preventing NAT transversal from working/being detected correctly. Thats the only guess that I have because it really is as simple as I wrote in the above post.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubious View Post
        I can do it just fine and in less than 5 minutes. I outlined the procedure here: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=587587

People who are still having problems likely have some setting in their router which is preventing NAT transversal from working/being detected correctly. Thats the only guess that I have because it really is as simple as I wrote in the above post.
        It's not an issue with my settings if the non-patched version launches a LAN match just fine. That's not a fix, it's a work around. I should simply launch a LAN server from the menu like I can on the non patched version. Why should I have to go through a complicated process of launching a dedicated server to play a LAN match.

Comment

Originally posted by Smaz View Post
          What problem are you having exactly?
          I get an error message that my network configuration is not compatible with hosting matches. It mentions port forwarding and a DMZ server.
          Again, no issues with the non-patched version. I don't think anyone has been able to launch a LAN server with any of the patches installed.

Comment

When you say "LAN server" do you mean a server that is not connected to the Internet? Like, is just serving matches for other local users and not for Internet users?

Comment

That message means you can't host a game publically - i.e. online & appear in the browser. You can still host LAN matches?

Comment

Originally posted by Smaz View Post
                That message means you can't host a game publically - i.e. online & appear in the browser. You can still host LAN matches?
                I cannot launch a LAN match. I have 2 computers and on one of them I launch a multiplayer LAN match. I setup the second to look for my MP LAN server and join it. I play with that computer on the first computer.
                Non patched machine works 100% of the time. Patched computer (any of the 3 patches) will not allow me to launch a MP LAN server.

Comment

Try completely reinstalling the game (which removes patches).

If it still works come back and tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
                    Try completely reinstalling the game (which removes patches).

If it still works come back and tell me.
                    I don't have to reinstall patches. I use Rollback RX. I installed the patch and had the described problem so I rolled back to before I installed the patch.

Comment

I have 1 word for you "BETA". There are reasons it isn't released yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Tea View Post
                        I have 1 word for you "BETA". There are reasons it isn't released yet.
                        I hate it when people say this.
                        Do you know the purpose of a beta?
                        People play beta's to debug them and communicate the problems to the programmers so they can fix them so people like you will get the final version that works. They do not release final versions until the known bugs are fixed.
                        The ability to launch a LAN server is broken and it will remain broken in the final if Epic doesn't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                          I hate it when people say this.
                          Do you know the purpose of a beta?
                          People play beta's to debug them and communicate the problems to the programmers so they can fix them so people like you will get the final version that works. They do not release final versions until the known bugs are fixed.
                          The ability to launch a LAN server is broken and it will remain broken in the final if Epic doesn't fix it.
                          Don't get all sensitive, I know what beta means. During Beta testing report the problems without whining so they can address them. They know what doesn't work. They are working their butts off to fix a whole slew of problems and they are addressing them in their order of importance.

Also if you have the beta patches you must be on Epics beta server mailing list, if your not on the list you aren't supposed to have the patches. That is the place to offer up complaints and bugs and get help from Epic directly regarding the beta patch, not ******* & moaning on a public forum. These Beta's are not available to the general public, just server admins only and the trusted people who play regularly on the patched servers that are part of the beta program at this point. In fact because so many people leaked the first 2 patches and were just in there spamming like little babies, they had to completely redo the server mailing list.

Comment

Both Patches #2 and #3 have broken the editor. The "Play from Here" consistently crashes (Vista x64 Home Premium)

Comment

Set the IP in your router for your LAN game PC to the DMZ host in your router. Then try it. This will say whether or not your router is the problem. Setting your LAN PC to the DMZ host in your router opens it all up, basically to where your router will not block anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X