Server Messages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Messages.

Is there anyway to set up a server message that repeats over and over after a certain time period? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

There used to be a 2k4 mod called server adds. I think UAdminMod also did it.

I posted it as a mod request at http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=588603, but I suspect many coders are busy on other projects right now.

I felt the message lines on the server with serveradds was a great communication tool.

Comment

Originally posted by LordStrider View Post
      I felt the message lines on the server with serveradds was a great communication tool.
      agreed. i ran it on all of our 2k4 servers (still running on our 2k4 LMS, actually).

got alot of website hits after that

Comment

aaah...****..!! there's something that just *work* right now?
        I feel to many features are missing in that UT!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludus View Post
          aaah...****..!! there's something that just *work* right now?
          I feel to many features are missing in that UT!
          You are asking for something quite specific and custom. No other version had this functionality provided without a mutator at any point. A standard out-of-the-box server should do pretty much nothing other than host games. You got that, you will have to rely on mutators for the rest.

Comment

I have it done. Just give me a couple mins and you can download it.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=25176667#post25176667

Comment

It looks like each message has its own seperate interval?

Generally don't they scroll line one.....wait interval......line two......wait interval......line three.....wait interval? etc.

Comment

You have the ability to do that if you choose, just set the interval to each one at 45 seconds beyond the previous.

Comment

I did that (60, 120, 240) and at one point it seemed all the messages hit the same clock cycle right and they all showed up at the same time.

Comment

indeed they should. I can write a new one tonight if you would like.

Comment

Yeah I like the sequential read line one, then line two, three, all delayed by the interval setting and they then repeat when done. You do nice work there sir.

Comment

=) i live to oblige. I am a coder and need things to do so worry not. PM Me requests and ill see what i can do about fixing them up.

Comment

Hi Bob,

I tried that mod too and had a similar result.

Here is the ini I currently use on my 2k4 server

[UAdminModV095b.UAMCustomMessages]
                          bEnabled=True
                          bDspInChat=False
                          bMsgBeep=False
                          iMsgInterval=30
                          fMsgDuration=10.000000
                          MsgColor=(B=0,G=255,R=255,A=255)
                          CustomMessages=Welcome to the Ancient Battlegrounds Server
                          CustomMessages=This is a Run & Gun Server
                          CustomMessages=Stay on your feet, keep moving and try not to camp
                          CustomMessages=Play fair and be respectful
                          CustomMessages=Want to join a great clan? Visit our website
                          CustomMessages=Inappropriate nicks WILL get you banned
                          CustomMessages=Excessive foul language may get you banned
                          CustomMessages=Cheating will definately get you banned
                          CustomMessages=Our servers are monitored
                          CustomMessages=Make a difference in gaming and stand with us!

This excerpt comes from the UT2004.ini. Each line stays up for a few seconds.

If you have 2k4 you can jump in my server at 69.13.8.195 and see how the adds scroll.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for that information

Comment

You bet and here is the applicable section of the readme.

7. Server Messages

This feature allows you to set your server to broadcast up to 25
                              messages which rotate at a given interval. You can specify how
                              long they're displayed, their color, and their frequency.

To configure Server Messages (aka, Custom Messages), locate the
                              [UAdminModV095.UAMCustomMessages] section of your server's
                              configuration file.

bEnabled=False
                              If True, server messages are enabled.

bDspInChat=False
                              If False, server messages will be displayed on their own line
                              just underneath the chat area. If set to True, server messages
                              will be broadcast just like chat messages are, so they will
                              blend in with chat/death messages. I recommend leaving this
                              at False, since your server messages are likely to be more
                              noticed this way. Plus, if you have UAdminMod treat your
                              server messages like regular chat messages, your fMsgDuration
                              and MsgColor settings will not take effect.

bMsgBeep=True
                              If True, players will hear a short beep when a server message
                              is displayed.

iMsgInterval=240
                              This is the interval at which server messages are broadcast.

fMsgDuration=10.0
                              If bDspInChat is False, this setting dictates how long a
                              server message is displayed.

MsgColor=(R=255,G=255,B=0,A=255)
                              If bDspInChat is False, this setting dictates the color of a
                              server message.

CustomMessages=You can add up to 25 of these.
                              These are the actual server messages. To add new messages,
                              just add another CustomMessages=EnterMessageHere line to this
                              section of your config. You can have up to 25 server messages.
                              If you exceed 25, UAdminMod will prune old messages until
                              you're back to 25.

Comment

Working...
                              X