Auto adjust bot skill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto adjust bot skill?

Is the server capable of having the bot skill auto-adjust, or is that something that will come out with a future patch? If it is able how do I set it up? I know how to adjust it manually in the utgame.ini, but if I set it where I like it, noobs come in and get obliterated. If I set it lower its no fun to play against a bot that just stands there waiting for you to shoot it. Ideally I would like it to auto adjust like in ut2004.

?botskill=1 ---Goes in startup. 1 is easiest and 4 is inbearable. Be careful, this has been causing me grief in duel server. I think it has to do with bPlayersMustBeReady enabled with map vote.

I haven't seen anything for auto adjust skill though. Maybe "common" might be enabled if there is no setting. You could try 0 setting but that might cause something bad to happen.

Need more explanation regarding "common". That might provide you with a more clarified answer.

Comment

Originally posted by SkrU View Post
      ?botskill=1 ---Goes in startup. 1 is easiest and 4 is inbearable. Be careful, this has been causing me grief in duel server. I think it has to do with bPlayersMustBeReady enabled with map vote.

I haven't seen anything for auto adjust skill though. Maybe "common" might be enabled if there is no setting. You could try 0 setting but that might cause something bad to happen.

Need more explanation regarding "common". That might provide you with a more clarified answer.
      I have been adjusting the bot skill in the UTGame.ini. In the [Engine.GameInfo] section the GameDifficulty=+1.0 can be set from 1 to 7, 7 being the hardest. I tried it in the command line and it didn't seem to change, the bot still just stood there and let you shoot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Tea View Post
        the bot still just stood there and let you shoot it.
        Is this by chance a custom map? Or all maps? I don't have much expereince with bot for they are generally dumb, but that dumb? Sounds like a map with no paths.

Comment

Originally posted by SkrU View Post
          Is this by chance a custom map? Or all maps? I don't have much expereince with bot for they are generally dumb, but that dumb? Sounds like a map with no paths.
          No, standard maps. When I adjust it in the UTGame.ini file to 5 or higher the bot kicks my butt, when I just had it in the command line it didn't seem to override the .ini file that was defaulted to level 1. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it wasn't correct in my command line or something. Adjusting the skill isn't an issue for me right now, I just want it to auto adjust like UT2004 was capable of.

Comment

Thought i'd dust this old thread off and ask the question again for my new server. Is there a way to enable the bot skill level to auto-adjust like it did in ut2004?

Comment

Bots have aimbots that turn on when upclose with a link, mini or flak.

Comment

Working...
              X