Dedicated Internet Server and LAN players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated Internet Server and LAN players

I'm currently running a dedicated server behind a NAT router. Everything works fine for people connecting from outside the LAN. However when connecting from inside the LAN, the player connecting fails to authenticate (i guess), but does connect. Afterwards the server gets removed from the server list, resulting in the fact that people from outside can't connect any longer; they get connection failed.
    Of course both players from inside the LAN as well as outside must be able to join.

This is the way the dedicated server is started:

UT3.exe server DM-Defiance?MaxPlayers=6?NumPublicConnections=6?NumPr ivateConnections=4?NumOpenPublicConnections=6?NumO penPrivateConnections=4?MinNetPlayers=2?MinPlay=2? PureServer=1?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=Tr ue?bUsesStats=True?TimeLimit=20?GoalScore=0?forcer espawn=1?GameMode=0?ServerDescription=blaat?AdminN ame=xxxx?AdminPassword=xxxx -configsubdir=DM -login=xxxx -password=xxxx -nohomedir -log=..\Logs\DM-Server.log -port=7777 -queryport=6500 -unattended

Ports forwarded to the UT3 server are:
    udp 7777
    udp 6500
    udp 13000
    udp 27900

Does anybody have an idea what is going wrong? I've searched for a solution but couldn't find any...

PS The server is patched with beta patch 1.1

Not 100% sure but -port=7777 -queryport=6500 shouldn't be needed I don't think, port only really needs to be specified if running multiple servers on same box. Query port is dynamic too so that shouldn't be needed, if 6500 is in use it will just change it anyway. probably not whats causing the problem but just noticed it.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-{OVGY} View Post
      Not 100% sure but -port=7777 -queryport=6500 shouldn't be needed I don't think, port only really needs to be specified if running multiple servers on same box. Query port is dynamic too so that shouldn't be needed, if 6500 is in use it will just change it anyway. probably not whats causing the problem but just noticed it.
      You're right, but there will be multiple servers running on the same box Could have left that commandline parameters out indeed, was just trying to focus on this one problem.

Comment

It is an issue with the beta patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
          It is an issue with the beta patches.
          Care to elaborate on that? Or do you have a link where I can find more info?

Comment

I don't have time to search for any links, but when the first player who attempts to join fails authentication, the server gets knocked off the browser list.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
              I don't have time to search for any links, but when the first player who attempts to join fails authentication, the server gets knocked off the browser list.
              I read about that problem too, but that is only part of the problem and somewhat a result of what goes wrong; the player joining from the LAN namely shouldn't fail authentication in the first place.

The question is why authentication fails for such players..

Comment

Is the client (from LAN) patched too?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-{OVGY} View Post
                  Is the client (from LAN) patched too?
                  Yep, the client is patched too.

Comment

Well after many many hours of trying i have discovered you CANNOT in anyway play via lan browser..and there would be an ip conflict joining via internet browser not with patch 1 anyways look at my posts.

Comment

key word on this post: BETA patch.

Comment

Working...
                      X