Population Problem? Best Game Mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Population Problem? Best Game Mode?

In this community’s opinion... What's the most played Game mode out there right now?

Warefare, CTF, VCTF or good old DM/TDM??

Want to get our servers populated so it would be helpful to know what players want.

I read in these forums that there is still debate about game mode/map size for UT3 and the max player count is having an effect on that? We can easily run 10 32 player servers if we wanted to but if no one is using them there is no point in doing that

There doesnt appear to be a shortage of servers for any gametype. You should run whatever gametype you want to run.

Comment

The servers don't fill themselves - join it & play 'till it half fills at least, then you should get a stream of people coming & going for ages. People won't come back to it if it's empty though - so make sure you make it active I rented a 16 player TDM, it's regularly full. Hosted another 10 player TDM, and within half an hour & by the end of the second map it was full. Still has people on now, after 10 hours or so

Comment

Originally posted by Smaz View Post
        The servers don't fill themselves - join it & play 'till it half fills at least, then you should get a stream of people coming & going for ages. People won't come back to it if it's empty though - so make sure you make it active I rented a 16 player TDM, it's regularly full. Hosted another 10 player TDM, and within half an hour & by the end of the second map it was full. Still has people on now, after 10 hours or so
        Show Off :P

Cannon

Comment

Our server is running....oh wait...no it isn't...we can't run a server due to no linux server....

I think our VCTF server would be hopping if we could ever get a program...

Comment

TDM is played the most. But Warfare is the best mod.
            CS is played the most. But UT is a better game.
            Make your choice.

Comment

Friday night @ 10:30pm EST

DM - 133

TDM - 56

CTF - 78

VCTF - 143

Warfare - 40

Duel - 9

Campaign - 42

TOTAL: 501 Players online

Pretty sorry numbers for a game of this caliber...

Comment

Working...
              X