Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why can't players connect using open ip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why can't players connect using open ip?

hi,

Server patched to 1.01 and when players try open <ip> they can't connect to the server.

Below is my command line :

Code:
    server CTF-Coret?MaxPlayers=10?Game=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content?GameMode=1?NumPrivateConnections=2?NumPublicConnections=10?botskill=7?GamePassword=***?AdminPassword=****?TimeLimit=20?bIsDedicated=True?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?PureServer=1?mutator=UTGame.UTMutator_Instagib,UTGame.UTMutator_NoTranslocator -multihome=**.**.**.** -port=8888 -log=****.log -nohomedir -Login=*** -Password=*** -unattended
    Thanks

I see you are using the multihome command. Is that because your server has multiple NICs or multiple IP addresses per NIC?

And a stupid question - they are specifying the port # when they use the 'open <ip>' command, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dubious View Post
      I see you are using the multihome command. Is that because your server has multiple NICs or multiple IP addresses per NIC?
      That is correct one NIC multiple IPs.

Originally posted by Dubious View Post
      And a stupid question - they are specifying the port # when they use the 'open <ip>' command, right?
      As dumb as they might be they are entering the port and password details.

Comment

If you have multiple IPs, you don't need to change the port.

Comment

Well, I cant say that there is a glaring error that would cause people not to be able to connect. The only thing that I see is that you are running mutators yet are stating that your server is "pure" (?PureServer=1). The only other things would be to check firewall rules / port forwards if there are any in the mix here. I assume that people can connect through the server browser?

Comment

I removed the pureserver=1 and set it to pureserver=0

The weird thing is sometimes it works fine, but just now for example played two games and it wont connect. what players are having to do is join a public server, spawn and then conn to the server via console and it works ??

Comment

Working...
            X