Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Game needed for dedicated server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game needed for dedicated server?

Alright I think I'm just going to go ahead and look dumb but do you need the game installed on the server machine or will the dedicated server download work without it?

If it doesnt need the game how do you start the command prompt?

You do not need the retail game to run a server. The dedicated server download is entirely self-contained. You will need to have someone generate a Gamespy username/password from within the retail game though.

Comment

ok but how do i get the actual command line to start the server. No new icons on desktop and none of the folders generated by the install seem to have anything to start it?

Comment

should have a .bat file. modify that to suit your needs...
        http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/FAQ:UT3

Comment

Originally posted by AdenTallon View Post
          ok but how do i get the actual command line to start the server. No new icons on desktop and none of the folders generated by the install seem to have anything to start it?
          You should have a UT3.exe file located in the \Binaries folder.

The default install location would put this file at C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\Binaries\UT3.exe

This is the file that you would execute using the commandline.

Comment

Working...
          X