Tickrate ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tickrate ?

Just wondering about net server tickrate,the default in ut2004 was 20 and the serversetting rules for clanbase was 35.Pings are a lot higher online in this game sofar,wich leads me to belive that the default 30 tickrate is far too low.30 feels sluggish and gives more than a little shoot-through but 45-50 works better and gets the ping down to comparable levels to ut2004.Anyone knows the prefered value ?

And another thing,when hosting a dedicated server i get disconnected after most maps after a duplicate client detected msg wich logs me out,whats up with that ?

Originally posted by Vlad^Tepes View Post
    And another thing,when hosting a dedicated server i get disconnected after most maps after a duplicate client detected msg wich logs me out,whats up with that ?
    Sounds like you are using the same Gamespy login for your server and your client. Servers need to have their own unique Gamespy login.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubious View Post
      Sounds like you are using the same Gamespy login for your server and your client. Servers need to have their own unique Gamespy login.
      Hmmm how is that possible when i start a dedicated server from within the game ?

Comment

Be careful with tick rates. It will hurt some and help others.

Comment

Hmmm how is that possible when i start a dedicated server from within the game ?
          Can you describe the process you use to start a dedicated server and then play on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lostsoul3 View Post
            Be careful with tick rates. It will hurt some and help others.
            Well the tickrates we are talking about here are not likely to bog anything down ,it does add preciscion and the game will feel smoother at 45 compared to 30 in this case.Sure it adds more cpu and line loads and stresses the server cpu more but the ideal Linux server tickrate for UT2004 was 40.I have a very hard time beliveing that tickrate 45 "will hurt some and help others" If you have a opposite opinion please elaborate as to why.

Comment

Can you describe the process you use to start a dedicated server and then play on it?
              I choose host multiplayer game,choose gametype/settings,check the dedicated box and then start the server.I then connect to it using the open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7777?password=xxxx command.Its usually run as a instagibserver and wont show up in the browser.The demo server showed up just fine but this wont.Im not behind a router or a firewall.

Comment

I have a very hard time beliveing that tickrate 45 "will hurt some and help others" If you have a opposite opinion please elaborate as to why.
                Read me: http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/Netspeed_Tutorial_(UT)

Comment

I choose host multiplayer game,choose gametype/settings,check the dedicated box and then start the server.I then connect to it using the open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7777?password=xxxx command.Its usually run as a instagibserver and wont show up in the browser.The demo server showed up just fine but this wont.Im not behind a router or a firewall.
                  You have two copies of the game installed on two different PCs, is that what you are saying?

Comment

You have two copies of the game installed on two different PCs, is that what you are saying?
                    No ,im running a test server on my pc and connecting to it from the same pc.I am running the beta patch and the changelog claimed that dedicated servers would not need separate cd keys.And again,when 40 tickrate was ideal for ut2004 linux 45 will be fine for a ut3 linux server when it is available.

Comment

when hosting a dedicated server i get disconnected after most maps after a duplicate client detected msg wich logs me out,whats up with that ?
                      No ,im running a test server on my pc and connecting to it from the same pc.
                      I think you solved your own problem here.

Comment

That is stupid,in ALL the previous UT versions the same thing has been possible without any issues.I've had dedicated UT / UT2004 servers on my machine for years and there's nothing like this **** going on with them, ******* Gamepy P.O.S .

Comment

Working...
                        X