This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Linux dedicated server out?

Hi Everyone, i havent checked back here for a few days, just bought by collectors edn. and hope to setup a server on a kickass c2d linux box in a datacentre, so is the linux dedicated server package out yet?

No it isn't.

Comment

Is it still stuck at legal?

Comment

Yes. Remember, lawyers charge big $$$ per hour. Plus they most certainly weren't going to be working over a holiday weekend.

Comment

They had to re-write some of the code to avoid legal issues created by using some middleware in the Linux product. Thats what the holdup is, the last I heard anyway.

Comment

I know...had to make a lawyer remark though...

Comment

Now that the PS3 version is gold, can we get the Linux server done, so we can finally start playing this game?

Comment

The status of the Linux dedicated server isn't stopping anyone from playing the game.

Comment

sry but without a good server (linux) we realy can´t play a online shooter!

>80% of the servers out there r linux/unix systems! no1 want pay the bill for a noobie win**** server.

linux/unix is the best server system so we can´t play ut3...

Comment

....and epic makes holiday weekend.^^ hehe

Comment

Better wait for a stable good linux server , then bringing out totaly $h!+ like Ut3

I would prefere a final good Version(LinuxServer) then sitting every night infront of Ut sides to fix the buggy Game and tweak it like hell or waitng for patches ..

but nice way to make money ^^ ... the community will fix all

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                        The status of the Linux dedicated server isn't stopping anyone from playing the game.
                        Playing. No. However, our clan is not playing online yet because of the delays of this. We are on a stable UT2004 until the server is released. Our server is Linux only.

Comment

me too WAH!!!

Comment

It takes me almost 4 hours everyday by spamming amsgs "ut3 4on4 no server pm" @ IRC until I find somebody to play with... There's a lack of servers and we need the linux server now! :P

Comment

This whole Linux Server Ordeal is a huge mess. It has become very quiet about the release of it or any Status about it.

No news on the UT3Server Mailing list, no news anywhere.

The Servers that are running right now are all either Servers running on some Windows Dedicated, or running on Virtual Machines on top of Linux dedicated Servers.

And even those Servers are still not really fully functional, as vital parts of it are still not functional (e.g. the bWeaponStay=false in TDM Settings are not working, so no TDM pro rules can be applied for the time being ...).

I have lost my hope that these issues will be remedied in the near future, and thus i am not quite so sure about the Fate that UT3 online play is going to suffer.

We are discussing these issues almost every night now in our claninternal voicetools, and people in my clan start showing signs of "who cares, i won´t be playing online anyways, because nothing is working the way we expected it to"-attitude.

Some people in my clan have even started playing Crysis online, as there seems to be much more online life in that game than there is now in UT3.

It is a very sad story that will hopefully still come to some happy ending, but each and every day these things stay the way they are now, the little remaining faith that we retain in our clan is slipping away.

Comment

Working...
                              X