Need a server check!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a server check!

Trying this beta patch for server behind NAT can someone come into the server browser and try to see if you can see my server and join it from VCTF browser?

Server name is Circus: !!!Circus_For_Noobs!!!

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU GOT PURE SERVER UN TIC SET IT TO SEE ANY SERVER!

I got bighead and handicap mutes on

I keep getting a connection failed. Mind you the ping is showing up as over 500, I am from the UK so I'm guessing you're not!

Comment

Ya I figured as much I will try to add multihome to see but as I suspect it still will not allow internet clients to connect.

let me add multihome addy to see ect ect.

Ya im far from you but still should not be more than 250 ping as I have run many servers for Unreal 1 UT and UT2003/4 ect and have had many UK and German clients ping around 200 to 250!

Close to home I should get 60 to 150 pingers

Comment

I'll keep trying your server over the next few weeks and I'll add onto this thread if i have any joy.

Comment

I re-setup my test server so that ANick (and anyone else) can test it.

In the VCTF section try to connect to "SecretServer" - this is on my LAN behind my router using my example.

Comment

See your server and try to connect to it and times out!

So yours not working as I thought! Ping shows to be 218.

Sorry!

Comment

Yea, I'm having the same problem with my server. A couple of the clan members can't log in, but I can get in fine. Strange is this!

Comment

ANick, do you have your client install patched to version 1.01 using the beta patch? Also, I forwarded some more ports to see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubious View Post
                  I re-setup my test server so that ANick (and anyone else) can test it.

In the VCTF section try to connect to "SecretServer" - this is on my LAN behind my router using my example.
                  Dubious, I managed to log into your server without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by F@hr3nh3!T View Post
                    Dubious, I managed to log into your server without any problems.
                    I see that. Im going to kill a couple of the port forwards that I created. Can you check again to see if it still works?

Comment

No dont have beta 101 on my client but at this point I have given up.

I can connect to my own server LAN from non beta to beta 101 server.

If you are beta 101 clients and you cant connect to my beta 101 server then I dont know what more to try.

Im sick of all this BS I waste several days on beta testing this totally unfinished release UT3. Its just sick.

BTW List all your ports forward exactly how you have it for future reference!

Comment

I can confirm SecretServer works for me too (with beta patch). I've had little success hosting an Internet accessible game all weekend both with and without patch, so props for getting it to work. I just had 7777 forwarded though. I see in your other thread that you have 6500 and 13000. Are these still in your config or did you cull them out?

Comment

Originally posted by Dubious View Post
                          I see that. Im going to kill a couple of the port forwards that I created. Can you check again to see if it still works?
                          No problems getting in again, seems fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Fes View Post
                            I can confirm SecretServer works for me too (with beta patch). I've had little success hosting an Internet accessible game all weekend both with and without patch, so props for getting it to work. I just had 7777 forwarded though. I see in your other thread that you have 6500 and 13000. Are these still in your config or did you cull them out?
                            Fes, I saw you connect successfully as well, wasnt sure if it was REALLY successful or not so thanks for the update.

I also now see Far3nh3it connected.

My guess is that both of you are patched. I had a friend of mine test it out - hes NOT patched - and it timed out for him.

The only ports that I am forwarding are UDP 7777, 6500, and 13000.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=587587&page=2

Comment

Working...
                              X