Need help with TDM, VCTF works fine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with TDM, VCTF works fine...

Alright, I'm really starting to get annoyed with the Dedicated server. I started a server within retail, chose the options I wanted. I can get VCTF to work, but when I try to get a TDM server working from dedicated server and a batch file it starts fine. When I join on my other PC and other people connect it comes up and says "start menu" and you just get a blurry flyby like when the menus are loading. I created these from starting a ded server from retail and copying the command line it uses to run - so I know these work.

This one works fine:
    ne
    C:
    cd \Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\Binaries
    ut3.exe server vCTF-Suspense?Game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Conte nt?GameMode=3?numplay=6?maxplayers=12?NumPublicCon nections=12?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicC onnections=12?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShouldA dvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?PureServer=1?timel imit=20?goalscore=5?botskill=3 -log=server.log -unattended
    cd \Documents and Settings\xxxx\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs
    copy server.log server.bak
    goto one

This doesn't work:
    ne
    C:
    ut3.exe server
    DM-Biohazard?MaxPlayers=16?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublicC onnections=16?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPubli cConnections=16?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShoul dAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=True?bUsesStats=True?b AllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesP resence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesArbit ration=False?bIsDedicated=True?bIsListPlay=False?O wningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?AverageSkillRating=100 0.000000?GameMode=4?Difficulty=3?PureServer=1?Lock edServer=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespawn=1?CustomMapName =DM-Biohazard?CustomGameMode=UTGame.UTTeamGame?GoalSco re=30?TimeLimit=15?ServerDescription=?NumPlay=11?g ame=UTGame.UTTeamGame? -unattended
    cd \Documents and Settings\xxxx\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs
    goto one

I've also tried a simpler version of the TDM batch file:
    ne
    C:
    ut3.exe server
    DM-Heatray?Game=UTGame.UTTeamGame?GameMode=4?numplay= 2?maxplayers=12?NumPublicConnections=12?NumPrivate Connections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=12?NumOpenP rivateConnections=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedic ated=True?PureServer=1?timelimit=10?goalscore=30?b otskill=3 -log=server.log -multihome=123.123.123.123 -nohomedir -unattended
    goto one

TDM will not work from the dedicated server....I'm going to reiterate everyone elses thoughts here - "EPIC, release a proper dedicated server, this one sucks!!"

Try this one for your TDM server:

Code:
    :one
    C:
    ut3.exe server DM-Biohazard?Game=UTGame.UTTeamGame?GameMode=4?numplay=11?maxplayers=16?NumPublicConnections=16?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=16?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?PureServer=1?timelimit=15?goalscore=30?botskill=4 -log=server.log -login=MyGamespyLogin -password=MyGamespyPassword -unattended
    goto one
    By the way, the thought of running 16 players on Biohazard is scary.

Comment

Working...
    X