This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nDP::Deathmaker View Post
    Sorry my friend but no Redirection is not fixed with a "invalid URL" bug kicking people from your server makes it useless and not working.
    This is not a bug with the redirect function. This is a bug with the servertravel function. Even if you have redirect disabled you will still encounter this bug. Redirect is working, even though compression/decompression is not at this point.

Comment

We have many Warfare, DM map builders that we want to tryout there maps on our Private servers to give them feedback.

The UTcompv1a is a small file and downloaded quickly to me and plays nicely.
      So its not a problem with small files.

Maps are big files and do not download quickly.
      We do need compression/decompression like yesterday.

We are holding on. But the more time that passes by with no fix. The more players we loose to other games that work out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozinator View Post
        Epic please give us WebAdmin and Compression on next patch.

Huge problem.

We just played a UT3 Tournament on Gamespot and the Server Admin had no way to make the server Ready UP. This was the first UT3 Warfare Match to be played was very confusing on when the match started. The match rules was quickly changed after this match.

There is a UTcomp V1A being tested to help us solve some of the Ready up problems.

We can not start UT3 ladders at this time and it would be a good Christmas gift to the UT3 Server Admins to receive WebAdmin and Compression.

Ready up is working fine on this side of the ocean. Just make sure you turn it on in the commandline.

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
          No you couldn't - there are no UDP or TCP classes exposed to USCRIPT from the engine.

The only way to get information into and out of the game in a way patch 1.1 Uscript can process is by using the windows clipboard.

You then need a program running outside the game reading and writing to the clipboard in order to process the information put there by the game and respond.

See the Accesscontrolclass in http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/pi...HaxUT3clip.zip - I just hacked something into check it could work ok. Not gone much further in using it though.

Example PERL script to access the clipboard:
          See this is why i like piglet, theres no bull **** involved!

Comment

Originally posted by Dubious
            This is not a bug with the redirect function. This is a bug with the servertravel function. Even if you have redirect disabled you will still encounter this bug. Redirect is working, even though compression/decompression is not at this point.
            Originally posted by bushbomb View Post
            I'm using redirect and getting up to 10Mbps download instead of the default where it was doing about 12 kbps per custom file. You just have to set it up right.
            This is a bug in the redirect I enable redirect and it kicks people from the server on every map change I use my bussiness server for a redirect and it is 100% port and firewall open.
            Without the edirect fuction on no one gets kicked it works fine.
            And yes I can access the files from the web!!!

-DM

Comment

Like they said about the demo

It will be ready when its ready.
              Its not done yet. They have to brainstorm on it first.
              Bla, Bla, Bla....

What do you need that for? The game IS READY FOR SALE.

Comment

Bump.

Hello? Webadmin? Where are you?

You know it would only encourage more people to run/pay for/host/manage servers, which might *gasp* mean more people could play. Instead I'm hand-hacking the ini files and having to remember which game-mode number correlates with which game type.

Suddenly subscription games with managed servers don't look so bad...

Comment

They said it'll be out with the 2nd patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
                    They said it'll be out with the 2nd patch.
                    ah yes, but if we at least heard rumors that they STARTED the 2nd patch it would help a tiny bit even if the release was still months away.

Sometimes false hope is better than nothing

Comment

Originally posted by bushbomb View Post
                      Sometimes false hope is better than nothing
                      Agreed. Sadly.

Comment

i'm also waiting Webadmin, because this is kinda annoying to edit .ini files manually or entering server to kick players with bad behaviour ..
                        Anyway has someone joined to the udn ut3servers maillist (ut3servers-join@udn.epicgames.com) before Epic decided to allow new users with invitation mode only?I'd like to join but can't for the moment since it needs activation :/ Perhaps some news from here about next patch?

Comment

Originally posted by Aquos View Post
                          It will be ready when its ready.
                          Its not done yet. They have to brainstorm on it first.
                          Bla, Bla, Bla....

What do you need that for? The game IS READY FOR SALE.
                          It should have been freaking ready when the freaking game was released!!

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                            i'm also waiting Webadmin, because this is kinda annoying to edit .ini files manually or entering server to kick players with bad behaviour ..
                            Anyway has someone joined to the udn ut3servers maillist (ut3servers-join@udn.epicgames.com) before Epic decided to allow new users with invitation mode only?I'd like to join but can't for the moment since it needs activation :/ Perhaps some news from here about next patch?
                            I'm on it, what's your e-mail? I'll let them know. PM if you don't want to post it.

Comment

They're "looking into it"

Comment

Hi all. It's being worked on. As soon as it's ready we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Comment

Working...
                                X