This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Web Admin

I've got a question. Where the hell is the UT3 Web Admin? If there isn't one yet, I could make one fairly easily. One that would involve making it very easy to add web admin pages for custom mods

If their is plans for making one already, with what language, and do you guy's need help.

If there isn't, then would anyone be interested in helping me support one. Though I could make one very easily, I am very busy, and don't feel like supporting it.

I am one of the Hedsteem.com UT admins, reply to this thread or use hedsteem.com to pm me if you have any questions.

Originally posted by Pendragon View Post
    I've got a question. Where the hell is the UT3 Web Admin? If there isn't one yet, I could make one fairly easily. One that would involve making it very easy to add web admin pages for custom mods

If their is plans for making one already, with what language, and do you guy's need help.

If there isn't, then would anyone be interested in helping me support one. Though I could make one very easily, I am very busy, and don't feel like supporting it.

I am one of the Hedsteem.com UT admins, reply to this thread or use hedsteem.com to pm me if you have any questions.
    Quoting EPIC: "Web-admin will come as first priority in the second patch". So dont bother, and give them some time

Comment

How long till that comes out? Cause I could write one in a day or two...

Comment

hmmm please do i'd love you forever!!!

i spent all last night trying to get the **** voting to work.....first on a warfare server and then on a TDM server. with ut2004 servers it was a piece of cake getting everything set up....could have voting, mutators, anti-tcc and safegame, and various levels of admin allll up and running in no time at all!
        first time i got a ut2004 server, webadmin was a life saver. i think for someone getting a ut3 server with no experience of setting up ut2004 servers, it's gonna be a nightmare without webadmin

but i'd really like to know when they think this webadmin-packed-patch will be released too anyone any ideas?

Comment

No, but I'd love to know, when is the next patch due?

Comment

how epic usually says it..: When it's done.©

will take at least a few more days for the first patch to get out of beta, and after that no clue. but most likely more then 1 week away :P

Comment

OK now that Parch 1.1 is official and seems to have fixed allot of things were is the web-admin,redirect and compression, interfaces these are a must have in match preparation and or server control could we please get these feature added back to the game, as admins it would be nice to control your server via the web-admin rather then console.
              We have refrained from ordering any servers as a clan due to these features missing although we have a 10 man private locked server running we could see no use in a server were we do not have control over it except by console.
              As for the redirect and compression the maps that came with the game are great but it would be nice to publish our own custom maps and have them available for down load by a redirect service.

Please epic fix this as it is a must have to complete the transformation from 2k4 to ut3.

Thanks
              nDP:eathmaker

Comment

Redirect is working now fyi. Not compression though. It's in the first sticky !

Web admin still scheduled for second patch.

Comment

You could go to Epic and say they don't have to do it anymore and that you'll write it. This way you can do something for the community and Epic
                  Oh and we could change webadmin when we want more options to it

Comment

No you couldn't - there are no UDP or TCP classes exposed to USCRIPT from the engine.

The only way to get information into and out of the game in a way patch 1.1 Uscript can process is by using the windows clipboard.

You then need a program running outside the game reading and writing to the clipboard in order to process the information put there by the game and respond.

See the Accesscontrolclass in http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/pi...HaxUT3clip.zip - I just hacked something into check it could work ok. Not gone much further in using it though.

Example PERL script to access the clipboard:

Code:
                        use strict;
                        use Win32::Clipboard;
                    	my $i = 0;
                        my $clip = Win32::Clipboard("Echo clipboard content");
                        for (;;) {
                            $clip->WaitForChange();
                    		my $text = $clip->GetText();
                            last if $text =~ /^\s*$/;
                            print $i++." $text\n";
                        }

__END__

Comment

Epic please give us WebAdmin and Compression on next patch.

Huge problem.

We just played a UT3 Tournament on Gamespot and the Server Admin had no way to make the server Ready UP. This was the first UT3 Warfare Match to be played was very confusing on when the match started. The match rules was quickly changed after this match.

There is a UTcomp V1A being tested to help us solve some of the Ready up problems.

We can not start UT3 ladders at this time and it would be a good Christmas gift to the UT3 Server Admins to receive WebAdmin and Compression.

Comment

yes please, this is very much needed

Comment

They said it will come in the next patch! So please hold on, ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Entil'Zha View Post
                            Redirect is working now fyi. Not compression though. It's in the first sticky !

Web admin still scheduled for second patch.
                            Sorry my friend but no Redirection is not fixed with a "invalid URL" bug kicking people from your server makes it useless and not working.
                            They will fix it I'm sure but until then telling people to hold on is useless they are angry and frustrated as they should be.
                            I personally feel this should have been addressed before the game was released as most PC players play on line not local and playing on line without a webadmin is like playing chess with bottle caps and cigarette buts.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by nDP::Deathmaker View Post
                              Sorry my friend but no Redirection is not fixed with a "invalid URL" bug kicking people from your server makes it useless and not working.
                              I'm using redirect and getting up to 10Mbps download instead of the default where it was doing about 12 kbps per custom file. You just have to set it up right.

Comment

Working...
                              X