Anyone get this yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone get this yet!

Home server with router/modem to work or do I got to wait for a patch!

And why the frick is this? UT2004 not an issue why not just leave it be MAN!!!

Anyway I have 1000 kbps up actiontec router/modem with all ports forward ect ect.

Never had to wait for a patch in any other unreal engine game to get my home server to work or allow client to connect!

FROGGER OR WHOEVER SHED SOME LIGHT PLEASE!!

I feel your pain, I've been at this for long enough and tried more than I should ever need to. I also run 6 other ut2004 servers and have had others before, never rented one, done them all myself but I have never had such a mess about. Nevermind the fact I keep failing at the end of it, and its so patronising to read posts from other people replying to anothers problem which is the same as ours and hear things like "are you sure you've forwarded ports" "it must be your router" bla bla bla. Someone just throw us a bone here, and I don't like hearing "theres a fix in the beta patch" or "the first patch will fix it". I'm allready using the beta patch and it achieved nothing. This is i'd say THE biggest problem that people are complaining about get it sorted please, don't keep us in the dark. Sorry if I sound a bit argumentative but understand, I spent hours trying this on the beta, hoped it would be fixed in release. Bought the game, still same problem. Heard about beta patch, got my hopes up, and it don't work. I think I'm entitled to be a little miffed right now.

Comment

Might have got mine going but need a beta 101 client tryer.

Server is "Circus for noobs" in VCTF

Should show for pure or any vctf..

Comment

Nope, sorry m8, just kept connecting like eveyone else does on mine. I was receiving nothing from your server (modem light for receive didnt do anything but I was sending to you). This is what happens with mine.

Comment

I was going to test it out with my patched client but it wasn't up (Or at least not showing up).

Comment

I'm going to give up on this one. It's clear that the workarounds for this work for some routers and not for others. This is obviously something to do with either UT3 or gamespy, one of them clearly cannot communicate properly with every, or even most routers there are. My clan will be staying with 2k4 for now, this is more hassle than its worth in my opinion. I payed for the game so I could play it, not figure out the networking issues with it. Until it has been confirmed that this problem is completely resolved I'm not going to waste any more time with it.

Comment

Until the patch is released bug free, any server behind NAT cannot be joined. Have patience, we are beta testing it.

Comment

So will this new patch fix the dedicated server issues since I cannot get it to run in either XP Pro or Vista Ultimate, and fix the main game that will not run on some systems?

Comment

there are servers up and working...there is also a beta patch which seemed to help alot of ppl get theirs up.. it isn't working for everyone yet I don't think, but its getting better...

Comment

Working...
                  X