This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The whole topic start needs an overhaul. Most of the information there is outdated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ...and the version 1.3 patch @
    http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil.../ut3patch3.exe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your downloads for latest patches is incorrect. Version 1.2 patch is here http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil.../ut3patch2.exe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by woooo View Post
    isn't your FAQ wrong, I run a dedicated server and play on the same PC and it works just fine, others can connect, I can connect to it
    You can indeed do that however like Dubious has said, it defeats the purpose of a dedicated server. A dedicated server is decicated to serving the game for people to play, it does nothing else which results in high performance hence dedicated servers being better to use/play on than listen servers. However if you are playing on the same machine as a dedicated server then resources are being taken away from the server thus resulting in lower performance. The specs of the machine and the gametype will ultimately determine whether or not you can play on it aswell as run a server but it is not advised at all as no matter what the specs it will never run as good as a true dedicated server. Also you must remember that since it is hosted on the machine your playing on you will have no network lag to worry about, whilst others will have the lag caused by your server aswell as whatever network lag there is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    isn't your FAQ wrong, I run a dedicated server and play on the same PC and it works just fine, others can connect, I can connect to it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd like to add the batch file I use as it restarts server in event of failure, makes backup of log file and clearly tells you what the batch file itself is doing aswell as at what time it did it which could be handy for some, Please note that you will need to make some modifications to suit your needs.

Code:
    @echo off
    ECHO <servername> GameServer started - %DATE% - %TIME%
    :10
    cd <driveletter>:\<pathto>\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\Binaries
    ECHO Initiating command line, server window should open in a moment - %DATE% - %TIME%
    ut3.exe server vCTF-Suspense?numplay=4? -log=<servername>.log -login=MyGamespyLogin -password=MyGamespyPassword -unattended
    cd <driveletter>:\<pathto>\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\UTGame\Logs
    ECHO Server has crashed/failed, writing server crash log file - %DATE% - %TIME%
    copy <servername>.log <servername>crash.log
    ECHO Writing of server crash log file complete, Restarting <servername> gameserver - %DATE% - %TIME%
    goto 10

( <servername> should not be your exact server name but just a simple description of it, for example ut3 dm server or my ut3 server. This helps identify the server the batch file and log files are for)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please add tickrate-settings and where to change them to this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think you can play on the same box as a dedicated server - that is how I'm testing my mod, now... and it works for the other devs, too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please note that the maplist/rotations in the threads linked to are missing the maps DM-Biohazard, DM-CarbonFire & DM-Fearless from the list, if you use the DM/TDM/Duel etc. list you'll need to add them in

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1337 post tyvm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx, GJ Dubious, is just what we needed

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks a lot Dubious, this FAQ is a great help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bump bump bump

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Was looking for this - again!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bump bump bump

Leave a comment:

Working...
X