Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 URL Code?

Hey folks

Dont really know if this is exactly the right spot for this question.....but here goes

I'm trying to add links to a site for folks to connect directly to UT3 servers, but I'm not sure what the proper url is. Just like having ut2004://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx will launch the game and connect direct to a particular server.....is this supported with UT3? And is launching the game from a link more of a web browser issue than a game issue?

I'd assumed that maybe it'd be as simple as putting in ut3://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx but guess not Any ideas?

Bump

im looking for this too the only thing i seen is the ut3 banners from gameservers which look nice but would really like to know the url i tried

ut3://
    ut2007://
    utgame://

and no luck

Comment

unreal:// ?

Comment

yeah i was looking at the gameserver banners too....the ones that use the GSC button right? But I think they launch GSC which in turn launches the game So guess that options no so great

Comment

I checked through the registry & associated protocols, I couldn't find anything. In the UTEngine.ini, it says Protocol=unreal though I got page can not be displayed when trying this.

Comment

bump___again

Comment

I don't believe there is a URL protocol for UT3.

Comment

Slaughter is correct. And unreal:// is for UT99.

Comment

i think i readed somewhere there are still not Web Admin panel and Epic is working on it... but i'm not sure about if someone know for sure please tell us...

Comment

Web admin is supposed to arrive in the second official patch.

Comment

Lol We Are In Patch 1 Beta 4 , So In Like 5months We'll Have Webadmin
                      Woopydo

Comment

Originally posted by Deific View Post
                        Lol We Are In Patch 1 Beta 4 , So In Like 5months We'll Have Webadmin
                        Woopydo
                        From the FAQ at the top of this forum:

'Web admin support is a high priority after we get this patch out.' -Epic Games

The patch isnt out yet.

Comment

*****bump***** any news on this??

Comment

So is this functionality part of webadmin? What would be the exact name for it? Automated joining would rock hard :-)

Comment

Not sure if this helps, in the next patch, Epic are enabling it so that UT3 can be launched by external clients, however it makes no current mention if this will enable people to be able to launch the game via URL yet or not.

This patch is hopefully due to come out with in the next couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                              X