Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesnt the dedicated server appeare on browser ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well , I just got mine to show up in the browser. WOOOOOT Apparently it was MY fault . I created a new unique login on the server but I didnt do it on my end , so I started up UT3 went in and created a new profile , used the same I put on the server . It took , logged out , logged in with my player nick and what do you know , my server was on the browser. DAM I'm so happy , been working on this for 4 days.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ludus View Post
    about all this open port chatting...
    Anyone know a sure metod to check (open or not) the ports of a running online server of UT3?
    thanks in advance anyone...
    You can port scan the server if you have the proper software like so:
    Code:
    dissolved ~ # nmap -sU -p6000-14000 66.230.xxx.xxx

Starting Nmap 4.20 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-11-27 13:23 EST
    Interesting ports on 66.230.xxx.xxx:
    Not shown: 7998 closed ports
    PORT      STATE         SERVICE
    6500/udp  open|filtered unknown
    7777/udp  open          unknown
    13000/udp open|filtered unknown

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 3.497 seconds
    If you question was 'How do I see which ports UT3 is listening on?' then you would need access to the PC and either use netstat ('netstat -a -n -b > ports.txt') or use software such as Processexplorer to see which ports UT3.exe is binding to.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Players cannot connect.

Hello, I have been reading these forums since the release of UT3, and have my dedicated running without too many issues. My server always showed up on the master browser, I could always connect, and was using the multihome switch. I am now running the beta patch, everything still runs good, I am not using the multihome switch. I can still connect from the master browser but others cannot. I see them connect, then the connection gets closed. Any help would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    about all this open port chatting...
    Anyone know a sure metod to check (open or not) the ports of a running online server of UT3?
    thanks in advance anyone...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wondering what a packet sniffer might show on ur communication w/gamespy. I have a hunch a lot of people's servers might not be communicating properly or be authenticated with gamyspy.

see related thread on my clans forums on using wireshark for this specific purpose. I have used a gamespyid created from within and out of the ut3 client have had issues both ways, but caught them with wireshark analysis. I have found even with a purposly screwed up gamyspyid / pwd, that there is no indication from within the ut3 server or log that shows this. I had a gamespyid / pwd that i created within the ut3 client game, but it kept reporting back (as found through wireshark) that my uniqueid was invalid. However the server would launch and be joinable via ip directly, and gave me no indication it was not being authenticated properly.

http://www.hlkclan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2176

might not be ur issue, but could be worth a peek.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by J.S.J View Post
    I find it odd that I can connect to my server with "open 85.13.219.108:7777" but not see it on the server master.
    So the issue must be the server master not the server?

I've hosted allot of games, and this is the only one (except cod4 that took 24 hours before it was visbile on master server list) that does not work there.
    Like even the crappy game stalker works!
    There is a known bug that will knock your server off of the master server list if you connect to the server by opening a console and using 'open 123.123.123.123' to connect. The workaround is not to use this method to connect to your server.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I find it odd that I can connect to my server with "open 85.13.219.108:7777" but not see it on the server master.
    So the issue must be the server master not the server?

I've hosted allot of games, and this is the only one (except cod4 that took 24 hours before it was visbile on master server list) that does not work there.
    Like even the crappy game stalker works!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hell at this point I don't think you have anything to lose. gl

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah i put it to UDP/TCP still no luck, hey by any chance do the old ut2004 ini commands work for ut3? Im just thinking that if i could use the "ServerBehindNat=True" in UT3 that would be cool and maybe it would work??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use a dedicated box on a datacenter, so not possible to use lan.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    try running server as LAN...and trying to connect using 'open'......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Got the same problem with same story.

Tried the 101 beta patch.

Opened these ports:
    UDP- 7777
    UDP- 7778
    UDP- 7787
    UPD- 27000
    UDP- 27900
    UDP- 28902
    UDP- 6500
    UDP- 13000

And I tried TCP on all of them aswell.

All other games like battlefield, cod4, css what ever does work fine just not this game.
    I dont got any other software that blocks it.

So any other suggestion would be awsome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The patch doesn't work! Tried it and still no connect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by porckchop View Post
    O.k. this is very weird, i tried DMZ on just the game server and it appeared on the browser but, it messes up the webserver and i cant view the website. So this means that there is a port that isnt being put in. All i have are:

UDP- 7777
    UDP- 7778
    UDP- 7787
    UDP- 27900
    UDP- 28902
    UDP- 6500
    UDP- 13000
    I even installed the Beta Patch 1.0.1, i wish the "ServeBehindNat=True" function worked on UT3. or does it?
    am i missing something???
    DMZ opens up all ports to that IP. Your web server had to be running on another IP if you got a problem with it.

for example, let's say:
    192.168.1.100 is your LOCAL IP for UT3.
    192.168.1.101 is your web server

if you have 192.168.1.101 on DMZ, you will be able to get to your web server but your game needs the prots OPENED to it. If you put 192.168.1.100 on DMZ, your game will show but you need to open the ports for the website so others can see it.

Also rememver, a SERVER serves information. People connect to it. Remember that sometimes you have to open the ports both ways (TCP and UDP). Have you tried that?

Also of you have any software anti virus or anti spyware, you might want to momentarily disable it...

and the patch works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm also having the same problem, put it in DMZ still nothing, all ports forwarded. I've spent ages trying to sort this and then I happened to look in kaspersky antivirus (when i have been testing this I have disabled this to no success). I noticed that all ports used by the server are using my external ip (it shows up as 0.0.0.0 on it just like it does with the 6 other ut2004 server I run) however, port 6500 is using my internal ip. After reading here I now know this is a query port. I believe this is what is stopping my server working and maybe the servers of others. Is there any way to stop this port doing that, I have tried to find an option for it but with no luck. I have also got the beta 101 patch installed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X