Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesnt the dedicated server appeare on browser ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about all this open port chatting...
    Anyone know a sure metod to check (open or not) the ports of a running online server of UT3?
    thanks in advance anyone...

Comment

Players cannot connect.

Hello, I have been reading these forums since the release of UT3, and have my dedicated running without too many issues. My server always showed up on the master browser, I could always connect, and was using the multihome switch. I am now running the beta patch, everything still runs good, I am not using the multihome switch. I can still connect from the master browser but others cannot. I see them connect, then the connection gets closed. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludus View Post
        about all this open port chatting...
        Anyone know a sure metod to check (open or not) the ports of a running online server of UT3?
        thanks in advance anyone...
        You can port scan the server if you have the proper software like so:
        Code:
        dissolved ~ # nmap -sU -p6000-14000 66.230.xxx.xxx

Starting Nmap 4.20 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-11-27 13:23 EST
        Interesting ports on 66.230.xxx.xxx:
        Not shown: 7998 closed ports
        PORT      STATE         SERVICE
        6500/udp  open|filtered unknown
        7777/udp  open          unknown
        13000/udp open|filtered unknown

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 3.497 seconds
        If you question was 'How do I see which ports UT3 is listening on?' then you would need access to the PC and either use netstat ('netstat -a -n -b > ports.txt') or use software such as Processexplorer to see which ports UT3.exe is binding to.

Comment

Well , I just got mine to show up in the browser. WOOOOOT Apparently it was MY fault . I created a new unique login on the server but I didnt do it on my end , so I started up UT3 went in and created a new profile , used the same I put on the server . It took , logged out , logged in with my player nick and what do you know , my server was on the browser. DAM I'm so happy , been working on this for 4 days.

Comment

Working...
          X