Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesnt the dedicated server appeare on browser ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesnt the dedicated server appeare on browser ????

I don't know epic, but UT2004 ran extremely nice behind Nat routers ect. But with UT3 it seems that the dedicated server portion was taken into consideration at all. Whats the deal?

Is this going to be fixed? and when? Ive spent countless hours trying to get this **** up on the net and no luck what so ever. Port forwarding doesnt do anything, as it worked perfectly in UT2004. Or is there some kind of setting that has to be done in order for this to work? Right now we host 2 Crysis boxes, 2 F.E.A.R boxes ,3 Css and 2 TF2 boxes no problems what so ever on a XPS Pent Duo 2 quad core 8GB DDR2 2x 500GB SATA II on 8MB down/2MB UP DSL connection. Were looking to eliminate the Css boxes since its already boring and adding a UT3 Box instead. Oh BTW we all have retail versions of UT3 collectors edition not the demo. I would really appreciate it any feedback.

And i Thank You for your time.

The INSIDER Team

Almost forgot the We are running Windows 2003 Server. & Datacenter edition as well

ports that were fowarded were as follow:

7777 - UDP
    27900 - UDP
    6500 - UDP

Comment

Originally posted by porckchop View Post
      Almost forgot the We are running Windows 2003 Server. & Datacenter edition as well

7777 - UDP
      27900 - UDP
      6500 - UDP
      Trust me.... I feel your pain!! I have the same issues. I have 2 box's 1 Halo and 1 BF2142 and have no probs with them setting up behind a router.

Comment

I sure hope this gets resolved soon. Ill be damned if i have to rent a server just for this game. Which will not happen. Where we will just stick to Crysis which honestly kicks-*** hands down. Just a shame that this wasnt put into the sys requirements or something before wasting money on it.

Comment

OMG - You mean to tell me that no one has an answer or a solution to this Thread?

And to think that many other people like us spend money on games like this only to be left disappointed and clueless as to why functionality isn't there...

I guess i should get a group of programs and 3d artist and modelers together and make a game. Heck! why not... everyone is doing it.. Then we'll create so much hype, that it will have every gamer killing just to have it. And when they finally get it. We will make away with there money and kill all contact with every user who's purchased the game......

You see that's what i feel is going on with epic right now. I mean if there busy making a fix or patch for this. Then let one at least know that it's being resolved. Because this is very discouraging for future purchases. And really the MP portion of the game is the main reason gamers buy this game because the SP so called campaign mode is nothing more than playing a regular skirmish with movie cuts. Come one it could of had more of a mission based feel to it.

Anyway going back to the original post can someone shed some light on the dedicated server not showing up in the browser for users behind NAt or routers, please....

again...
          I thank You for your time

Comment

I read that it needs to be ports 6500, 7777 & 13000 UDP. Try that?

Comment

And to think that many other people like us spend money on games like this only to be left disappointed and clueless as to why functionality isn't there...
              You should not go off like this because you can't get something to work, dude.

I am sure you have tried basic networking troubleshooting... first step is putting that 2003 server in a dmz zone, to see if the port redirection/routing is the culprit or not. After that, take it off the dmz and open TCP and UDP ports, don't use exe triggers. Get a port scanner to see if you can get in and out of them ports. Close traffic from there... I assume at this time, everything is trial and error, the way it's ALWAYS been with modding, server admin and brand new games. Getting stuff to work right is half the fun.

If you can't still get it to work, get the new patch.

Also... I learned from here that if you add mutators, your server will not be listed under "pure" anymore.

We own a dual athlon box hosted on a colocate in Indiana (I am in Florida) and I had no issues whatsoever installing and running my UT3 servers...

Comment

Originally posted by ~{MFD}~Mordred View Post
                You should not go off like this because you can't get something to work, dude.

I am sure you have tried basic networking troubleshooting... first step is putting that 2003 server in a dmz zone, to see if the port redirection/routing is the culprit or not. After that, take it off the dmz and open TCP and UDP ports, don't use exe triggers. Get a port scanner to see if you can get in and out of them ports. Close traffic from there... I assume at this time, everything is trial and error, the way it's ALWAYS been with modding, server admin and brand new games. Getting stuff to work right is half the fun.

If you can't still get it to work, get the new patch.

Also... I learned from here that if you add mutators, your server will not be listed under "pure" anymore.

We own a dual athlon box hosted on a colocate in Indiana (I am in Florida) and I had no issues whatsoever installing and running my UT3 servers...
                Now, If the program was working in the first place we would not be having this conversation now would we?

Comment

I dont work for Epic, and I dont speak for Epic. But in case you havent noticed, I also dont donate my time to respond to people who say "this sucks" and thats it. So, if you want help then ask for it, and I'll do my best to help. But dont ****** about Epic not doing their job, because they were working on your problems while most of us were eating turkey yesterday.

This is a forum for server admins to freely exchange information, not for whiny b!tches to vent their gripes. If that is more your style then go elsewhere, or don't be surprised if you don't get a reply.

And yes, I know that I shouldn't have said that - even before I click the Submit button. Its the Sam Adams talking, and I apologize. Its just that we need to act as a community, and the last people we should be chastising are the people that bust their a$$es evenings, holidays, and weekends to give us A GAME. You do know its just A GAME, right? Lighten up.

/soapbox

Comment

Well dub to be honest im gonna side with the wh!ney b!tches. I understand that everything like this has its bugs but i have a now 6 page topic goin on almost the same issue, and i dont expect epic to fix it immediatly or anything unrealistic but a simple "ok guys we are working on it" would be great but instead they dont say anything to anybody and let it go like we are doin something wrong. I have sent email, posted topics everywhere and even tried to call em just because i would like to know that someone is addressing this issue. So i understand all the frustration goin on in this forum right now and i think epic or whoever is and has handled these bugs and issues very poorly. BTW pork here is a link to the topic i started on the same issue. Our problems are a slight bit different but i think whatever the issue is its the cause of both of our problems.

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=585702

Comment

Hey Dubious, do you know if anyone that has the Beta had the exact same problems Villain and I are facing? Shows up in browser but tries to connect via the local nic rather than the multihomed nic?

I'd like to know if they can verify that the patch does indeed fix this.

I'd LOVE to get ahold of the beta so I could verify this.

Comment

Servers do not currently show correctly behind NAT. Wait for a publicly released patch. Beta testing is in progress by GSP's and experienced server admins. Expect a working patch to be released soon.

Comment

So i retract my previous statement lol it is fixed with the beta patch. But both the client and the server have to be patched and my server is still showing in the wrong browser list but we are getting somewhere!! I sent u the link scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Villain717 View Post
                            Well dub to be honest im gonna side with the wh!ney b!tches. I understand that everything like this has its bugs but i have a now 6 page topic goin on almost the same issue, and i dont expect epic to fix it immediatly or anything unrealistic but a simple "ok guys we are working on it" would be great but instead they dont say anything to anybody and let it go like we are doin something wrong. I have sent email, posted topics everywhere and even tried to call em just because i would like to know that someone is addressing this issue. So i understand all the frustration goin on in this forum right now and i think epic or whoever is and has handled these bugs and issues very poorly. BTW pork here is a link to the topic i started on the same issue. Our problems are a slight bit different but i think whatever the issue is its the cause of both of our problems.

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=585702
                            LMAO maybe WarTourist should post an announcement post that reads:

"Any problem you may have on a 3 day old , just released game that we are all trying to work out, the answer is

WE ARE WORKING ON IT. STOP WHINING AND PLAY.

Thank you"

and then link every single whine thread to it.

In any case, the beta patch is working miracles... tick rates are down for idle servers, and my bot team mates stopped shooting me when I carjacked a vehicle... my test server on my home server is showinf through my router, life is great Thank you Epic and keep up the good work...

Comment

7777 - UDP
                              27900 - UDP
                              6500 - UDP
                              Isn't 7778 also needed and 7787?

Comment

Working...
                              X