Beta 1.01 Patch - Hosting Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 1.01 Patch - Hosting Server

Anyone else having new issues now with the new beta patch and recieving an error when attempting to host a match behind a router?

It will still allow you to host a LAN but not an Internet match and says there is an error and the network is not configured properly. Check your routers manual for proper port forwarding etc.

It was working prior to the patch and we regularily host many servers including game servers so proper port forwarding is usualy not an issue for us. Also check firewall excpetions and tried it with it enabled and disabled but no luck. In addition to this we also relectantly tried enabling DMZ but still got the same error.

I couldn't get server running with the demo (no one could connect), the retail or with this patch, it simply doesn't work. I have tried everything, wasted hours on this bs. I know how to portforward and all the rest, I even tried DMZ with no luck. The machine I tried it on i've used for other servers, this game is just **** (from the server hosting point) and i don't expect the 101 patch to fix router issues if the beta patch 101 is anything to go by. I am so ****** right now.

Comment

download the dedicated server, run ur server (patched) from that. Have 3 servers up in this manner w/o prob all behind routers. You will need a gamespyid for each server however, and make sure to create each gamespyid from within the retail version then use on the servers.

Patched clients can run servers from the console, however they force it to lan for some reason. Players can still join it by ip stangely enough.

Comment

So even though I have the retail version I cannot run dedicated servers from it, even with the patch?

Comment

Tried that and no luck, same as before, no one can connect.

Comment

Have you removed the multihome= switch from your server startup command? This no longer works with the 1.01 patch. It is all automatic. (Unless you are running server on a NIC with multiple IPs bound to it. Then you need the switch to tell the server which IP to use.)

I followed Dubious' instructions to the letter and it all worked right off the bat for me. See this thread:

How-to: Setup a dedicated server behind NAT

I recommend you start there and add switches to your command line once it is working. If you have no luck, please post your command line.

Good luck! -WB

Comment

Mine says the same but is random, sometimes it will say it sometimes it won't, the beta patch isn't working, router problems haven't been fixed in my opinion (at least not all probs) and in your case (¯°·«èXó»·°¯) it seems the patch has thrown a problem at you. Read my findings http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...=587050&page=2. Maybe not use the patch if you didn't have problems before.

Comment

Originally posted by (¯°·«èXó»·°¯) View Post
                Anyone else having new issues now with the new beta patch and recieving an error when attempting to host a match behind a router?

It will still allow you to host a LAN but not an Internet match and says there is an error and the network is not configured properly. Check your routers manual for proper port forwarding etc.

It was working prior to the patch and we regularily host many servers including game servers so proper port forwarding is usualy not an issue for us. Also check firewall excpetions and tried it with it enabled and disabled but no luck. In addition to this we also relectantly tried enabling DMZ but still got the same error.
                I got same error and still do after patch, LAN is only mp host option and is greyed out. Can not select internet! Although... I figured out that if you go ahead and host the server as a LAN game, others (internet) can connect to your server via the 'Open IP' commnad! Works great, correct ports opened on router and flawless mp gameplay and very low pings- Give it a try! I just hope Epic fixes this bug, before final patch release?

all of these are udp ports:
                7776-8000
                27500-27900
                6500-6600

Comment

Working...
                X