server cmd line with utgame.ini help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

server cmd line with utgame.ini help!!!

Hi guys just purchased a server and i got my server up and all but i am having trouble changing my settings here is my start up command

server DM-Arsenal?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?GameMode=0?MaxPla yers=16?NumPublicConnections=16?NumOpenPublicConne ctions=16?numplay=16
    -multihome=208.167.232.213 -port 7777 -unattended -login=testadmin -password=xxxxx -log=GameServers.log -nohomedir

now i am changing the utgame.ini but nothing seems to work everytime i restart the server the same options comes on

whats i i want is
    1 my server name to but what i want instead of testadmin
    2 no bots
    3 mapvote for all kind of match witht eh time limit i put

i kind think of anything els for now

but my main is how do you attach that command like excatly like the utgame.ini that i want

ut 2k4 was way easier to have server with

hope somebody can help

Originally posted by OMEGAFORTS View Post
    whats i i want is
    1 my server name to but what i want instead of testadmin
    2 no bots
    3 mapvote for all kind of match witht eh time limit i put
    1. This isnt possible at this time. Once the first patch is released (currently its in beta testing) then you will be able to name the server whatever you want. Until then, the server name is a combination of the GamespyLogin and any server description that you include. For more information, see the section entitled "Server Names" at this link: http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/FAQ:UT3

2. If you want no bots, change the part of your commandline that has 'numplay=16' to 'numplay=1'. Right now you have it set to spawn up to 16 bots during a match. Setting this to 1 will make it so when even just one single human player joins there will be no bots. You may be able to set this to 'numplay=0' but Im not positive what will happen there.

3. To setup mapvote, follow the instructions in this post: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=586353

Comment

but what about all the things i change in the utgame.ini why doesnt those things take effect?

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGAFORTS View Post
        but what about all the things i change in the utgame.ini why doesnt those things take effect?
        In what folder is the UTGame.ini file that you are modifying and what changes are you making that are not taking effect?

Comment

well they are on my server that i bought online so its from an FTP server

for some reason nothing is taking effect and what i chagne the command land it jams and maps doesnt rotat **** i am starint got hate UT jsut beceause of this

Comment

great work dubious...do you mind if I quote your helpful info on my website? I am trying to put together an admin help page full of all information I have been collecting from trial and error, but especially from people like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubious View Post
              1. This isnt possible at this time. Once the first patch is released (currently its in beta testing) then you will be able to name the server whatever you want. Until then, the server name is a combination of the GamespyLogin and any server description that you include. For more information, see the section entitled "Server Names" at this link: http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/FAQ:UT3
              I've confirmed this works with the beta patch.

Comment

Working...
              X