Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dedicated Server Not Reading My ini Files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Do everything from the command line, theres no real other way........

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, it appears that it is looking at my UTGame.ini file, as if I change the maxplayers in the file, it changes it in the game too.

Why, then, can't I change the timelimit and goalscore in the UTGame.ini file and have it reflected in the server browser when you click on my game?...

Is it even possible to change the server name via the config file? I changed it and it doesn't work... it only works if I do it via the command line.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Dedicated Server Not Reading My ini Files?

Dedicated Server Not Reading My ini Files?

Hi there,

I'm trying to understand how to get my server ini files to be read by the server -- the files that control the server name, fraglimit, timelimit, etc, which I assume is the UTGame.ini file.

In the command line I have -nohomedir set so the UTGame.ini file gets created in my server folder and not in My Documents. Also, just to be safe, I tried specifying ?ini=UTGame.ini in my command line (also tried -ini=UTGame.ini, and removing it all together as well). I can't seem to see any changes to my server name, or fraglimit/timelimit in the browser, meaning that the server configuration files must not be getting read. Does anyone know why?

Here are three different command lines that I've tried:

Please note: There is not actually a space to the left of bIsDedicated=True in my command line -- it was a bug with copying it here.

UT3.exe Server DM-ShangriLa?game=UTGame.UTDeathMatch?ForceRespawn=1? bIsDedicated=True -log=DedicatedServer.log -multihome 123.456.789.012 -port=7777 -nohomedir -Login=editedout -Password=editedout

UT3.exe Server DM-ShangriLa?game=UTGame.UTDeathMatch?ForceRespawn=1? bIsDedicated=True?ini=UTGame.ini -log=DedicatedServer.log -multihome 123.456.789.012 -port=7777 -nohomedir -Login=editedout -Password=editedout

UT3.exe Server DM-ShangriLa?game=UTGame.UTDeathMatch?ForceRespawn=1? bIsDedicated=True -ini=UTGame.ini -log=DedicatedServer.log -multihome 123.456.789.012 -port=7777 -nohomedir -Login=editedout -Password=editedout

Thanks.
Working...
X