A few Questions about running a dedicated server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few Questions about running a dedicated server

So, with the dedicated server package now available do we still have to deal with the stupid Gamespy login **** or can we do away with that? (Wow, what were they thinking)

Also, I think I have a grasp of the command line options but what config files do I edit? Are most of the things I edit in DefaultGame.ini? If I edit those will they just get over written when I launch the server?

So many questions and NO real documentation. This is my first time attempting to set up an Unreal Engine game (I have YEARS of experience with Quake/Call Of Duty) and I must say... YUCK!

you can specify the ini file you want the server to use ?ini=myconfigs.ini

i think gamespy will continue to be required for servers..saw something about servers not needing 'cd key' in upcoming patch..but not sure what that really means..

Comment

Thanks for the response!

Where can I find info about setting up these custom ini files? How do I know what things I can use in there etc?

Comment

Another Gamespy ID question: If I already have a Gamespy ID from previous stuff on Gamespy, can I use it or do I have to actually create a new one with the Client (Which I haven't even gotten yet, just trying to get the server up asap)?

Comment

server and client will need separate accounts..can use existing account if you want..

www.unrealadmin.org has most of the ini entries..

Comment

Thanks! I'll see if I can track them down over there.

Comment

Working...
            X