List of fixed bugs in first patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of fixed bugs in first patch

Steve Polge: We’ve finished implementing features for the first patch, so here’s an update on the status of items important to admins:

Fixed in the retail version, as well as the dedicated server download:

• The multihome option -multihome doesn't work properly; process binds to the correct IP address, yet still the wrong one gets published.
    • The default generated UTGame.ini only contains the last maplist in DefaultGame.ini (as mentioned by Matt, this wasn’t a bug, but improper .ini syntax – the default ini will be fixed in the patch).
    • The server's query port is dynamic so it can't be fixed to a given value. (It defaults to 6500 in the retail version, incrementing by 100 if the port is already used.)
    • Server installer doesn't work on Windows 2003.

Fixed in the dedicated server download:
    • Linux Demo Server crashes when IP is entered in HLSW.
    • Linux Demo Server requires SSE2 which requires a Pentium 4 class CPU or better. For AMD CPUs this translates to "Athlon64 or better".
    • Dedicated servers do not require CD keys.

Addressed in the first patch. First patch should be available in beta soon:

• Without -unattended the server will prompt to upgrade the servers config files, particularly if you run more than one server as the same user on a machine.
    • Reduced tick rate for dedicated servers with no clients (saves CPU on idle servers).
    • Implemented STUN support (Simple Traversal of UDP Through Network Address Translators) to enable clients and servers to connect from behind a NAT.
    • Fixed link setup not reset correctly when going from a map with a custom link setup to one using the default.
    • Fixed issue where Vista clients would not receive all servers from a server browser search.
    • Added -configsubdir= command line option to cause .ini files to be loaded/saved from the specified subdirectory of Game\Config\
    • Added QueryPort configuration and command line option.
    • Added an "AdminChangeOption [option] [value]" console command for server admins. This allows changing most simple .ini values (e.g. GoalScore) from the client. This command will not override URL options. The change will take effect after the next map change.
    • Added an "AdminPublishMapList" console command for server admins. This overrides the server's map list for the current game type with the one on the client that used the command.
    • Uses GameReplicationInfo.ServerName if set for the name of the server on the server browser.
    • Added "AdminForceVoiceMute" and "AdminForceVoiceUnMute": Stops/Starts a player from sending voip to others
    • Added "AdminForceTextMut" and "AdminForceTextUnMute": Stops/Starts a player from send text messages to others
    • Updated AdminPlayerList to show the PlayerID of the players on the server.
    • Updated Kick/Ban to allow for using either the player name or the id

Still being investigated: (may not be addressed in first patch)
    • Port scanning a server or connecting to a full server can make it show more than the max players connected.

Will not be addressed in first patch.
    • Running servers under Windows requires the latest Direct3D support installed via the DirectX runtime. It requires DirectX 9.0c, and does not require updated drivers.
    • The MessageOfTheDay separator | doesn’t work currently.
    • Each server requires a unique login. (Note that server name in server browser no longer tied to login, as of first patch).
    • Web admin (We did add some client-side console commands as a stop gap measure in the first patch). Web admin support is a high priority after we get this patch out.

Nice, where is it? Source?

Comment

I am having the problem where the ini files save to ..\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame . Is there a way you make the ini files save in the folder you are running the game from. Is this a bug or something that can be fixed easily, because otherwise its hard to host multiple servers on one system.

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
        Nice, where is it? Source?
        The patch has not been released yet. This is just a list of items that have already been fixed in their code that is part of the upcoming patch. This list was provided by Epic to server admins earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob!!!!!! View Post
          I am having the problem where the ini files save to ..\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame . Is there a way you make the ini files save in the folder you are running the game from. Is this a bug or something that can be fixed easily, because otherwise its hard to host multiple servers on one system.
          Yes, there is a way to alter this behavior.

If you specify the -nohomedir switch at the end of your commandline then the server will create the .ini files and store them in the \Program Files\[BASEDIR]\UTGame\Config directory or equivalent.

If you copy your .ini files to this folder before adding the -nohomedir option then the server should just load them from there without creating new ones. Always make a backup when trying these things out, just in case.

Comment

Has anyone been able to get mapvote to work on the full version, it does not seem to be working on my Warfare server.

Comment

I just got off the phone with my server guy and he still is trying to get his server to show up. Seems only the Epic servers show up and work. he still has to do the join IP to get into his. This makes for a dead server and lots of $$$ loss.
              The patch better fix the server problems before it kills this game.
              Very sad situation for many peeps.

Comment

I am still having the same issue with Windows server 2003 not being able to connect through the in game browser. I have tried everything i can think of, please fix the -multihome for Server 2003. It really seems like the browser isnt connecting clients to the correct ip. I can see it in the browser but nobody can connect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob!!!!!! View Post
                  Has anyone been able to get mapvote to work on the full version, it does not seem to be working on my Warfare server.

Sure,

find GameSpecificMapCycles in the utgame.ini file, make it

GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTOnslaughtG ame_Content",Maps=("WAR-Downtown","WAR-Dusk","WAR-Islander","WAR-Avalanche","WAR-Torlan","WAR-OnyxCoast","WAR-Powersurge","WAR-Serenity","WAR-FloodGate","WAR-Torlan_Necris",))

the GameSpecificMapCycles in utgame.ini has to match the game being run or it will not enable mapvote.

in your DefaultGame.ini, use these in place of what is there now.

GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTDeathmatch ",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Biohazard","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-HeatRay","DM-Fearless","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa","DM-Carbonfire"))
                  GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTTeamGame", Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Biohazard","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-HeatRay","DM-Fearless","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa","DM-Carbonfire"))
                  GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTCTFGame_Co ntent",Maps=("CTF-Coret","CTF-Hydrosis","CTF-Reflection","CTF-Vertebrae","CTF-OmicronDawn","CTF-Strident"))
                  GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTVehicleCTF Game_Content",Maps=("VCTF-Kargo","VCTF-Suspense","VCTF-Corruption","VCTF-Containment","VCTF-Sandstorm","VCTF-Necropolis"))
                  GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTOnslaughtG ame_Content",Maps=("WAR-Downtown","WAR-Dusk","WAR-Islander","WAR-Avalanche","WAR-Torlan","WAR-OnyxCoast","WAR-Powersurge","WAR-Serenity","WAR-FloodGate","WAR-Torlan_Necris",))

Comment

Thanks Sunstrider everything is working great, now. Anyone who wants to join my server is more than welcome. All the information is on my site(umgleague.com).

Comment

Most of these things are not patches, I would call most of them 'basic functionality'.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstrider View Post
                        Sure,

find GameSpecificMapCycles in the utgame.ini file, make it

the GameSpecificMapCycles in utgame.ini has to match the game being run or it will not enable mapvote.

in your DefaultGame.ini, use these in place of what is there now.

GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTDeathmatch ",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Biohazard","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-HeatRay","DM-Fearless","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa","DM-Carbonfire"))
                        GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTTeamGame", Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Biohazard","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-HeatRay","DM-Fearless","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa","DM-Carbonfire"))
                        GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTCTFGame_Co ntent",Maps=("CTF-Coret","CTF-Hydrosis","CTF-Reflection","CTF-Vertebrae","CTF-OmicronDawn","CTF-Strident"))
                        GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTVehicleCTF Game_Content",Maps=("VCTF-Kargo","VCTF-Suspense","VCTF-Corruption","VCTF-Containment","VCTF-Sandstorm","VCTF-Necropolis"))
                        Defaultgame.ini that comes with the Ut3? (The read only one?)

Comment

When I use -unattended it automatically does 'yes for all' can you make it do 'no for all'. Otherwise it writes over all of the ini changes you make.

Comment

Working...
                          X