UT3 dedicated Server hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 dedicated Server hardware

As i wanted to build a server system for UT3 i wanted to ask what hardware will be needed.

for example: AMD 64 3500+ , 1 gig RAM

is this enough to ensure a smooth gameplay?

i use a intel core 2dueo 2.4GHz with 2 gig of ram, running windows server 2003

and it runs really smooth

Comment

Your brief specs would be fine depending on what gametype and how many players you want to run. Here's a really cheap server setup thats more then enough to run all but the biggest servers.

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/...Number=6292651

Note that this mobo chipset does not have drivers that support Win2k3 Server so XP, Vista, or Linux would be your choice of OS for this particular hardware.

Comment

Try running your server on it and see how it performs. Should be ok for 1 server. If you run 32 player warfare thought it might lag a bit with that old cpu.

You should run it and then monitor the cpu and memory to ensure they are not getting overloaded.

Comment

i thought of hosting 8 to 12 players maximum.
          so it could be fine

Comment

I was running the UT3 Demo with 32 players on a Sempron 3000+ with 1GB Ram and people said it ran great.

That server was also running 2 CSS servers and 1 UT2004 server, and no one had any complaints about any of them.

Hope this helps.

Comment

this helped a lot. thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X