New Linux Server Please??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Linux Server Please??

Is there a new version of the Linux Server available yet? The one we are running is buggy and crashes quite frequently. Would love to have an update!!

only windows beta has been released thus far..

Comment

With the German version already out, I would have thought the new linux server would be ready. Will the Linux server update be ready in time for US release??

Comment

as you read this they are working on a full release - should be out (hopefully) before november 19th

Comment

More information regarding the Linux server should be available today. Remember, the server package is still beta at this point (even for Windows).

Comment

Hmm, you think Epic is gonna work over the weekend ?
            Would be dedication though

Comment

how could that be... releasing a multiplayer game without a working dedicated server available?! -_-

Comment

There's happened stranger things the last couple of weeks

We can only hope now.

Comment

last werd was there won't be nething this weekend, but hoping for something early next week..

Comment

I am waiting for the Linux dedicated Server really badly too. In the last month right from the beginning of the launch of the Demo i was highly motivated to provide UT3 Demo Servers hosted on a quadcore Opteron machine in a Hosting facility here in Germany.

I tried out the Linux Beta Demo DS just to find out, that personally i wouldn´t call that Beta, i would rather put an Alpha-Status label to it. Tons of Features missing (no Rcon administration, let alone a webinterface), bad login mechanisms(Gamespy account for every DS needed? Am i the only one who is ****** off by this???), really bad concepts of Queryport setup, and last but not least, of course, the Server was not able to run stable for more than 5 Minutes straight after one mapswitch. Reproducible kick of all connected players, although the Serverprocess itself runs on neatly...

All those things are telling me one thing: This smells like a rushed out and premature release from all pores. At least when you look at the Serverside aspect of the Software.

To be Honest, it sadens me a little bit, when i think back to the times of UT99 and UT2003/2004 Server daemons. Compared to those, this UT3 DS is a real PITA to configure, to maintain and to get running.

I truely hope next time they release an Unreal Tournament Title they will stick more to Values from their Past. I always wondered, what happened to :"It´s done when it´s done!!!". I honestly am a little disappointed in EPIC.

So until the next Full Version release of the Linux Dedicated Server is out, i try to get myself some experience with the Windows Full Beta DS released a short time ago, and let that run on my Virtual Machine on my Server here at home(which of course happens to be located behind an NAT-Router, which of course isn´t able to be joined by normal means like double clicking in the Serverbrowser...)

Comment

I don't have and will not license windows servers to support this. While everything seems 'rushed', it really feels like all the time was spent in building the UT3 engine and not the game itself.

Comment

Who's running Windows Server anyway?

*runs with a "We want a Linux dedicated server" sign around and stats yelling*

Comment

Hi all. We're trying to get the Linux server done as soon as possible. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                            Hi all. We're trying to get the Linux server done as soon as possible. Thanks!
                            Sir, you just made my day

Comment

Well my game host provider sent me an email stating the following:

Dear Sir,

We are working on getting the linux dedicated files up and running. Once it is up we can change you server config file

Thank You,

Sean McGuire

So I guess that means they are running a linux server!

Comment

Working...
                              X