Starting UT3 Server?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting UT3 Server?????

Before UT3 server is released I would like to see a complete sample of the command line so I can see how to start the server with the following information:

sorry, im not a programer

This server will be a vCTF server only and running all the vCTF maps

1. server name
    2. server discription
    3. login to gamespy
    4. password for gamespy
    5. admin login
    6. admin passoword
    7. Message Of The Day ( MOTD )
    8. Number of users = 24
    9. Team Damage = Off
    10. No bots
    11. 5 goals wins
    12. timelimit 30 mins
    13. min players = 0
    14. max players =24

Thanks in advance

Not exactly complete for a couple of reasons noted below, but this should get you most of it:

UT3Demo.exe server VCTF-Suspense?game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Conte nt?GameMode=3?MaxPlayers=24?NumPublicConnections=2 4?NumOpenPublicConnections=24?NumPlay=0?MinNetPlay ers=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=30?AdminPassword=YourAdminPassword?ServerDescription=YourSeverDescriptionCode?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True -login=YourGameSpyLogin -password=YourGameSpyLoginPassword -unattended

Notes:
    1) There is no adminlogin at this time, only an admin password.
    2) The Message of the Day is specified in the UTGame.ini file. Using the "|" character as was done in UT2004 does not work. Supposedly you use \n to get a newline but one admin reported that does not work.
    3) Click here for the Unreal Admin Wiki FAQ and read the section on Server Names. For the server description on the command line, get the generated string from Cruz's UT3 generator.
    4) There is a "Friendly Fire" mutator (UTGame.UTMutator_FriendlyFire) but I don't know how it works at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
      Not exactly complete for a couple of reasons noted below, but this should get you most of it:

UT3Demo.exe server VCTF-Suspense?game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Conte nt?GameMode=3?MaxPlayers=24?NumPublicConnections=2 4?NumOpenPublicConnections=24?NumPlay=0?MinNetPlay ers=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=30?AdminPassword=YourAdminPassword?ServerDescription=YourSeverDescriptionCode?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True -login=YourGameSpyLogin -password=YourGameSpyLoginPassword -unattended

Notes:
      1) There is no adminlogin at this time, only an admin password.
      2) The Message of the Day is specified in the UTGame.ini file. Using the "|" character as was done in UT2004 does not work. Supposedly you use \n to get a newline but one admin reported that does not work.
      3) Click here for the Unreal Admin Wiki FAQ and read the section on Server Names. For the server description on the command line, get the generated string from Cruz's UT3 generator.
      4) There is a "Friendly Fire" mutator (UTGame.UTMutator_FriendlyFire) but I don't know how it works at the moment.
      WOW thanks bud!! Im sure I wont be the only person asking about this!

Thanks again Good Job

Comment

Also, in the command line you can replace VCTF-Suspense with the name of the vCTF map you want to load when the server starts up.

Comment

Also, in the command line you can replace VCTF-Suspense with the name of the vCTF map you want to load when the server starts up.
          if I do that will it rotate to the next vCTF map in the map list?

Also.... that reminds me...

what if I wanted to run all vCTF and CTF maps? how would would you do that command line then?

Thanks again for all your help bud

Comment

I was just screwing around and had the dedicated server running and looked in the logs folder and I saw a file called "DEDICATED SERVER" it can only be seen if the dedicated server is running. I started the server from the menus in the game. I copied the file. Open the file with notepad look at the 5th line down from the top ( Init: Command line: ) then you will see the server info for your command line: here is mine:

Server vCTF-Suspense?MaxPlayers=24?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublicCo nnections=24?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublic Connections=24?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShould Advertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?b AllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesP resence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesArbit ration=False?bIsDedicated=True?bIsListPlay=False?O wningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?AverageSkillRating=0.0 00000?GameMode=3?Difficulty=2?PureServer=1?LockedS erver=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespawn=1?CustomMapName=vC TF-Suspense?CustomGameMode=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTF Game_Content?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=30?ServerDescri ption=?NumPlay=1?game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGa me_Content?name=UnrealWarfare#1?alias=myalias-log=DedicatedServer.log -Login=mylogin name-Password=mypassword

neet little trick to get a command line made up for ya

Cya

Comment

Originally posted by UT3sysop View Post
              if I do that will it rotate to the next vCTF map in the map list?

Also.... that reminds me...

what if I wanted to run all vCTF and CTF maps? how would would you do that command line then?

Thanks again for all your help bud
              First, by default Map Voting for all of the VCTF maps would be enabled. To disable that, in UTGame.ini you would look for the [UTGame.UTGame] section and set bAllowMapVoting=false. To run vCTF and CTF maps you would probably have to add a GameSpecificMapCycles entry in the same section such as:

GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTVehicleCTF Game",Maps=("VCTF-Suspense","VCTF-Containment","CTF-Coret",etc))

(That is a guess...I assume it would work).

Originally posted by UT3sysop View Post
              I was just screwing around and had the dedicated server running and looked in the logs folder and I saw a file called "DEDICATED SERVER" it can only be seen if the dedicated server is running. I started the server from the menus in the game. I copied the file. Open the file with notepad look at the 5th line down from the top ( Init: Command line: ) then you will see the server info for your command line: here is mine:

Server vCTF-Suspense?MaxPlayers=24?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublicCo nnections=24?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublic Connections=24?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShould Advertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?b AllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesP resence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesArbit ration=False?bIsDedicated=True?bIsListPlay=False?O wningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?AverageSkillRating=0.0 00000?GameMode=3?Difficulty=2?PureServer=1?LockedS erver=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespawn=1?CustomMapName=vC TF-Suspense?CustomGameMode=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTF Game_Content?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=30?ServerDescri ption=?NumPlay=1?game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGa me_Content?name=UnrealWarfare#1?alias=myalias-log=DedicatedServer.log -Login=mylogin name-Password=mypassword

neet little trick to get a command line made up for ya

Cya
              It is a neat trick, but also throws in a lot of stuff on the command line that isn't necessarily needed because those are the default values (such as OwningPlayerName, Campaign, bIsLanMatch, etc.). At this point there is still a bit of trial and error going on.

Comment

First, by default Map Voting for all of the VCTF maps would be enabled. To disable that, in UTGame.ini you would look for the [UTGame.UTGame] section and set bAllowMapVoting=false. To run vCTF and CTF maps you would probably have to add a GameSpecificMapCycles entry in the same section such as:

GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTVehicleCTF Game",Maps=("VCTF-Suspense","VCTF-Containment","CTF-Coret",etc))

(That is a guess...I assume it would work).

It is a neat trick, but also throws in a lot of stuff on the command line that isn't necessarily needed because those are the default values (such as OwningPlayerName, Campaign, bIsLanMatch, etc.). At this point there is still a bit of trial and error going on.
                Well you can always delete the ones you dont need to make easy

Comment

I ninja this thread for my own evil deads! Anyone that can help me create a commandline for these settings? I'm really lousy at these kind of things hehe -_-

* Gametype - TeamDeathMatch
                  * Power Ups - On
                  * Game Speed - 1.00
                  * Air Control - 0.35
                  * Translocator - Off
                  * Goal Score - 0
                  * Time Limit - 20 minutes
                  * Friendly Fire Scale - 0.00
                  * Spawn Protection Time - 0.00
                  * Allow Teammate boosting - Off
                  * Allow Behind View - Off
                  * Allow Taunts - Off
                  * Force Respawn - On
                  * Players Must Be Ready - On
                  * Max Players - 4
                  * Max Spectators - 0
                  * Superitems - On
                  * Friendfire scale - 1.00

Comment

bump, need help please :|

Comment

is there a command to turn friendly fire on in the command list? and why does it say banned under UT3sysop?

Comment

Working...
                      X