Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with UT3 server retail

I have next problem with ut3 server:
    When it starts i get the following message "Failed to register game with online service. Registering as a LAN match".
    Demo version worked fine (with same settings) but the retail aren't.
    Why it cannot be registered as online?

I think you need a new gamespy account. But i`m not sure.

Comment

if you got more then 1 NIC is't poseble that it uses the wrong ip to connect with the internet, thus publishing it on the wrong/LAN ip

multihome isn't working properly atm it's being worked on atm.

Comment

use gamespy account login!

ex:
        -login=loveyou@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Caracca View Post
          if you got more then 1 NIC is't poseble that it uses the wrong ip to connect with the internet, thus publishing it on the wrong/LAN ip

multihome isn't working properly atm it's being worked on atm.
          It's not that, i have 1 nic with public ip bounded.
          Will try that gamespy acc.

Comment

You shouldn't need a new GameSpy account. I assume you are running from within the game. If so, did you login before you started the server?

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
              You shouldn't need a new GameSpy account. I assume you are running from within the game. If so, did you login before you started the server?
              No, they were right, i needed to open new gamespy account from gamespy server browser (application). In-game registrations won't work for servers.
              The error disappeared, but i got next error:
              "Error: Can't start an online game that hasn't been created"
              http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=584919

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "in-game registrations". I'm running servers using logins I created "in-game" with the demo and they work with the beta full server package as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                  Not sure what you mean by "in-game registrations". I'm running servers using logins I created "in-game" with the demo and they work with the beta full server package as well.
                  In DEMO, creating account from in-game menu works, for retail ain't, i tried numerious account and none of them works. If you're creating LAN server it doesn't matter (almost) but for online it won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by dr4g0nsr View Post
                    No, they were right, i needed to open new gamespy account from gamespy server browser (application). In-game registrations won't work for servers.
                    The error disappeared, but i got next error:
                    "Error: Can't start an online game that hasn't been created"
                    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=584919
                    What do you mean by gamespy server browser?

Comment

That's not true guys.

I created an account in-game and it works fine. I created it right at the initial login screen. Logged out of my account, created a new account, logged in to test, logged out and back into my regular account.

I'm running a dedicated linux server and I only need to use -Login=name -Password=password (no need for an @ symbol here)

And just for reference here is my full command line (works):

sh ut3 Server WAR-Serenity?Game=UTGameContent.UTOnslaughtGame_Conten t?GameMode=2?Numplay=8?MaxPlayers=32?NumPublicConn ections=24?NumPrivateConnections=0?MinNetPlayers=1 ?TimeLimit=30?GoalScore=3?BotSkill=4?bIsDedicated= true?bUsesStats=true?ForceRespawn=0?bShouldAdverti se=true?PureServer=1?bIsLanMatch=false?bAllowJoinI nProgress=true?AdminName=admin?AdminPassword=ADMIN PASS -Login=GAMESPYLOGIN -Password=GAMESPYPASSWORD -Log=myserver.log -multihome=129.11.231.14 -unattended

****** Be careful copying this command for some reason it's putting spaces into the command when I copy it into the forum ******

Comment

--- i have not tried the DEMO but i can't play the game online regardless, do you have to have a gamespy account to play?

Comment

Haha - nevermind. I'm a 'tard.

Comment

Don't worry, we all are That's why we have forums to capture our vast community intelligence right

Comment

Originally posted by dr4g0nsr View Post
                              In DEMO, creating account from in-game menu works, for retail ain't, i tried numerious account and none of them works. If you're creating LAN server it doesn't matter (almost) but for online it won't work.
                              What are you on about, I use an ingame created account for my server... just because I like to test these things, you are not using the same Gamespy account to play with and host your server are you? Because that won't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X