Next Make something unreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Make something unreal

When does the next Make something unreal competition start?
    Cant find anything about it.

Thx.

Make something Gears.
    Make something War.
    Make something UDK.
    Make something Storm.
    Make Unreal or Something.
    Make something indie.

Comment

What?

Im talking about the "http://www.makesomethingunreal.com/" contest.
      From what i understand this competion has been rolling multiple times and im just wondering when it's gonna start next time..

Comment

Originally posted by neigan View Post
        What?

Im talking about the "http://www.makesomethingunreal.com/" contest.
        From what i understand this competion has been rolling multiple times and im just wondering when it's gonna start next time..
        The problem is with what game? MSUC had a lot of focus on modding, adding stuff to a particular game like characters, weapons, vehicles.
        EPIC basically shelved the unreal franchise and took the "unreal" out of MSUC.
        Doubt they'll hold another MSUC with a game they don't support anymore.

So if there's ever gonna be another MSUC, it'll probably be Indie orientated only ,leaving out modders out of the equation.

Unless they gonna use Bulletstorm, but then the name would probably be changed and it would lead the a few problems.
        Why make a TC with Bulletstorm and not the UDK?

and if they made a competition with the UDK in mind directed at Indie Devs, who would be allowed to enter? You have people that's been working on their games for ages.

So it's a question about if there's ever gonna be another MSUC and who is it gonna be directed at? Modders or Indie Devs?
        If it's at modders than we might see another one a few months after Bulletstorm is released.

Comment

or maybe after Bulletstorm gets released and the UDK isn't in beta phase anymore. Then both indie devs and modders could join.

Comment

I might also say, with the best intentions I am sure, but the UT3 MSUC was disappointing. There seemed very little buzzing for it and very cold "here are the winners" at the end of every phase.

I would expect photos, and video blogs on Youtube about the people playing all of this content and evaluating it and really make the contest feel alive.

Comment

We start to see all the people who heavily mod UT3 going to UDK because they are basically making a whole new game out of UT3 and thats what UDK is designed for, plus they can sell their 'mod' even if they don't win the contest...

Comment

Working...
              X