Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when I thought I was through with modding, Epic releases the UDK.
    Now when will Epic release me from their grasp? Haha.
    Kudos to Epic, I salute you all.

Comment

Incredible news! Thanks a ton Epic. First the MSUC, and now this! It's been a very good year and a half thanks to Epic!

Comment

my development kit wont install it keeps on crashing everytime i try to install it

Comment

Thanks Epic.

Comment

I foresee a very exciting future!
            ...and what a great idea on Epic's part.

I can't wait 'til I finish my phase 5 mod so I can begin exploration of the great UDK!

Thank you Epic - what awesome news!!!

Comment

This is very good of them to do so.

but part of me worries for the already dieing PS3 mod scene since I doubt the UDK has a cook for PS3 option. since you can now just make standalone games.

but still nice thing they have done! can't wait to see what happens with it!

Comment

Awesome,

Editor feels better, also plain ol UT3 that is included is somehow fresh with lightmass. There is even speedtree editor, no idea yet if it can be used for UT3.

Now if only UT3 was ported to same build.

Comment

just tried the little demo....
                  the new Deck blew my mind...it's somehow how I thought it should look like...

I would gladly pay few tens of euros to have my copy of UT3 updated with this "pumped up" engine...

I have nothing but respect for EPIC...
                  they consistently releases demo for their games, make the effort of programming decent bots, basically gives a lot to the community with stuff like that...

I wish I could give them more money somehow...(GoW2 on PC...updated UT3, whatever...)

Comment

this is there way of saying "NO...were not gonna abondon ut3, cuz u guyz demanded we support it! HERE YOU GO!" Epic has finalyl stepped up...i Have a feeling something bigger than the titan pack and better is going to happen. Maybe they have finally listened to the community.........

Comment

actually kill the post i just put on......seems there will be no support after all..............

Comment

We're actually working with 3D Buzz to release a lot of new UDK-specific video tutorials, plus we continue to open up documentation at UDN. Hang in there with us - we're continually adding more support resources.

Comment

Sounds great and we're listening with great interest. The Unreal engine is an awesome engine and the UDK was a very positive move by Epic, probably in more and bigger ways than are even clear right now. Only time will tell. Keep on modding, people! And of course also my praise to Epic.

Comment

wait, ignore my other post, they are supporting us!

Comment

Looks like I'm gonna need a vid card upgrade before using UDK as all the skies in the demo levels are completely blacked out. Anyone know what shader model UDK supports?

Comment

Originally posted by unreal_man View Post
                                wait, ignore my other post, they are supporting us!
                                Make up your mind man!

UDK is awsum, now with beta 2 i can finally render lightmass and start playing with editor once again.

There is one bad aspect of this: UT3 editor feels so outdated and boring, i fear that UDK was last nail to UT3 coffin. Best mappers are already sucked into UDK.

To save UT we either need freedom to recreate UT3 (just one exclusive yes for community based game, not free for all) or Epic last update of UT3 to be on par with UDK. No more quality maps for UT3 means its end.

Comment

Working...
                                X