Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Unreal Development Kit

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Development Kit

Hi everyone, by now you've hopefully seen the good news at www.udk.com.

Please drop in over at the UDK forums and say hello!

Wow. That is absolutely amazing. That is such a huge move on epic's part.

Comment

whoa, I made a joke about this a few weeks ago, but it looks legit now!!

what version of the engine is this?

Comment

Oooo, ambient occlusion... lightmass GI... new asset browser...free...

*Drools profusely*

Comment

Mega ditto's, it's a good day

Comment

downloading

Comment

Awesome. We're probably waiting a bit till it matures and loses beta-stage.... or we'll use it anyway. Great job. I think our Stealth Mod will especially make use of the new LightMass technology.

Comment

just played around with the editor i like the content browser

Comment

This is awesome , hats off to epic . The biggest news for me is the new content , like ambient occlusion and global illumination . This will open up a great new world of possibilities in aspect to visualization . Epic won't let there modders down, this shows it.

Epic knows that how important learning and modding is , it contributes to the whole game industry by opening game development to a wider audience and getting more people interested in game development, this will also help epic a lot by making there engine more of an industry standard , if most of the mass next generation up incoming game developers is learning and using the unreal engine guess what engine the big publishers are most likely to licence , its common since the unreal engine .

This should be epic's catch phrase ( Its common since unreal engine ) .

Comment

I really want to check it out but I'm getting a "XPSEPSC installer not installed" error whenever I try to install the 3.5 framework that I can't seem to shake. Any way to install without the .net Framework?

Comment

Very nice post. This will help possible client to get a quality person.

Comment

w00t! Thanks Epic and Crowl for the announcement. Fantastic news about all those unlocked UDN pages as well.
                        Thank you very much

Comment

This is awesome!

Comment

Will the editor be more stable than it currently is now? Im so frustrated with the crashes lol.

Comment

Wow thanks epic, massive gift to the community. Looking forward to playing around with it once I'm at home on my desktop

"This includes support for fully 3-D navigation with variable heights as well as navigation on vertical and inverted surfaces (e.g. walls and ceilings). "

I know quite a few thread authors that keep asking questions about this will be very very pleased indeed :P

Comment

Working...
                              X