No announcement yet.

Upload so slow we will miss deadline!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I only got around 100k uploading my submisssion but that wasn't my only problem.

I thought I only had around an hour to go and wasn't quite finished the level I was going to submit.

Finished the level and in my panic to get it submitted I renamed the file, redid the ini file and zipped it up and posted it.

Turns out I did the wrong build of the level, I did DM-Necrosis11 instead of DM-Necrosis11a.

Also turns out I had around 10 more hours up my sleeve so I didn't quite need to rush like I did.

A countdown clock on the MSUC site would have been nice.

Anyway I have now uploaded the correct build of the level to Fileplanet

Comment

This thread looks a lot like my college classes around midterm time. Serously though, would it kill you guys to just update it a day earlier, haha? There's months of work on the line here, 1 day of work isn't going to make or break your entery (or shouldn't if know when it's due, hell the deadline got extended a week :P)

Comment

I submit a day early and haven't gotten any links or confirmation emails. Color me worried.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyfingers View Post
          This thread looks a lot like my college classes around midterm time. Serously though, would it kill you guys to just update it a day earlier, haha? There's months of work on the line here, 1 day of work isn't going to make or break your entery (or shouldn't if know when it's due, hell the deadline got extended a week :P)
          For plenty of people one day might make or break it...and given that months of work are on the line, I'm glad Epic is cool enough to allow extra room to maneuver

Comment

As it stands my teams still trying to get our submission in :/ Crowl has mentioned an FTP we can use if all else fails. Anyone got any details on this FTP?

Comment

Originally posted by crazyfingers View Post
              this thread looks a lot like my college classes around midterm time. Serously though, would it kill you guys to just update it a day earlier, haha? There's months of work on the line here, 1 day of work isn't going to make or break your entery (or shouldn't if know when it's due, hell the deadline got extended a week )
              ahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

I personally do not approve of submitting an updater. Not only does it give an unfair edge in the competition, it also means judges might not be playing the same version (as I assume they all don't play the same entry at the same time), which could be troublesome.

Comment

Auto updaters are very lame and very unfair.

Release earlier if you want the time to fix things, rather than one hour before the deadline of the very last phase?

Comment

aaaah snap, just read i put the wrong link into the archive, it loads the wrong map if you start the mod, oh man that sucks so much, besides the fixes we are doing now
                    that would really be a showbreaker if it loads the wrong map maaaaaaan i could cry :/

the link loads dm-001 which is a dummymap not dm-000 which is newer and less buggy, god ****

Comment

Originally posted by Hourences View Post
                      Auto updaters are very lame and very unfair.

Release earlier if you want the time to fix things, rather than one hour before the deadline of the very last phase?
                      Agree totally, otherwise an updater basically invalidates the idea of a deadline, because then a deadline doesn't actually mean anything. I'm sure Epic will come up with a fair solution to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Charybdis View Post
                        Agree totally, otherwise an updater basically invalidates the idea of a deadline, because then a deadline doesn't actually mean anything. I'm sure Epic will come up with a fair solution to this.
                        Exactly. It's most likely against the rules anyway. Otherwise that wouldn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Polyphobia View Post
                          aaaah snap, just read i put the wrong link into the archive, it loads the wrong map if you start the mod, oh man that sucks so much, besides the fixes we are doing now
                          that would really be a showbreaker if it loads the wrong map maaaaaaan i could cry :/

the link loads dm-001 which is a dummymap not dm-000 which is newer and less buggy, god ****
                          Considering the main map is indeed in the file you uploaded, it's simply not loading that one maybe you can catch a break. You may want to send a message to the moderator of this forums asking if they can simply change the 1 to a 0, i don't think that would be to big a deal, the works all there in the upload, you're simply giving them the heads up to look at it.

Comment

yep thanks link is fixed and also sent them a readmy file on how to install it, as some guys already had quite some problems getting it to work

Comment

Originally posted by HEGI View Post
                              Exactly. It's most likely against the rules anyway. Otherwise that wouldn't make sense.
                              For the normal people who download it, it's useful. Epic can still test the 'MSUC build'. We gave the normal, static link of our 1.0a Alpha version to Epic, so that's all handled.

Comment

Working...
                              X