FPS/NON-FPS game mod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPS/NON-FPS game mod question

if a mod is in first person and features shooting, then it would obviously be an FPS game mod.

and if a mod is not in first person and does not feature shooting, then it would logically be a NON-FPS game mod.

but what if a mod is in first person but is not a shooter? or what if a mod is in third person and is a shooter? would both go in NON-FPS?

are we going off of perspective or projectiles?

and if you're going off of perspective could a mod that has both first and third person submit in both?

I'm actually really curious about this myself. If we could get an official reply, that would be best. I didn't see anything relevant in the rule legalese.

Comment

Makes you wonder if "The Ball" and "The Haunted" will fall in this category?

Comment

Project Stealth has a first-person character (Merc) and third-person character (Spy). I'm curious too

Comment

it seems unlikely that it would take a week to answer this question if the answer had been decided in advance.

Comment

Come on, everyone

I'm sure we've all been playing games long enough to know what is a shooter and what isn't.

Comment

These things (just like "what constitutes a vehicle set") are probably intentionally kept vague.

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
                I'm sure we've all been playing games long enough to know what is a shooter and what isn't.
                well you got half the point. here's the rest:

"the ball" is a first person puzzle game, no shooting involved. is it an FPS mod or a NON-FPS mod? it's definitely FP and definitely not an S.

"angels fall first", a third person space shooter. not FP, but certainly an S.

should "the ball", a puzzle game be competing in the same category as the space shooter "angels falll first"? neither one is technically an FPS mod.

edit: i see it's somewhat of a catch 22 now

the best outcome would be for the game mod entries to be as evenly split between the two categories as possible because if handle wrong, you could get the majority of the entries under one category and maybe not even have enough to fill the top 5 in the other. however, this information is only useful to the modders before the deadline and epic can't find the best way to divide up the entries until they are all submitted. my guess is that it probably will turn out to be based on whether or not it is a shooter.

Comment

Another way of looking at it is that anything that is not a first person shooter is a non-FPS. Neither a third person shooter nor a first person puzzle game is a FPS.

Comment

Re Angels Fall First- we're very FPS- it's only our vehicles that are 3rd person (for the moment), the same as vanilla UT3. But hey, I'm down with us running in that category too if everyone else is

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfire View Post
                      Re Angels Fall First- we're very FPS- it's only our vehicles that are 3rd person (for the moment), the same as vanilla UT3. But hey, I'm down with us running in that category too if everyone else is
                      Your releasing it for this phase, sweet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                        Your releasing it for this phase, sweet!!!
                        And by 'vehicles', he means massive spaceships you can run around and have firefights IN, as well as have firefights WITH.

Comment

Working...
                        X