Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I update content made for MSUC?

Hypothetical situation.

Let's say I make a something for the MSUC, and enter it, and win some place or other in my category. Then let's say that I find some flaws, or perhaps just manage to finish out details that I could not before.
    Can I submit these changes or updates to my entry?

Now, I DO NOT mean for this as to effect the judging of my material, I know that doing such would be against the rules as I would be defeating the deadline. But what I do mean is that I would like to fix or ammend my work before the public downloads it. Like if I make a character, it wins, and after judging I finish some extra parts for it. Or maybe it was a level, and I find a few holes in the map that I later plug up. Can I submit these changes, so that when Epic posts my work on their site the public will actually get the updated content?

I think only the version you submitted is used for contest purposes, but you can post in any finalist/winner thread with a link to the updated version.

Comment

There is a certain amount of updates allowed per phase that is stated in rules. I believe the max number of updates allowed is 2 and I do keep track of the number of updates for each file. If you submit the file 3 times I will send out a notification email.

After the submission deadline, the file can be updated to remove any bugs or add features for the public to enjoy. You can email me if you have any updates. PM and I'll send you an email address.

Comment

Wait, does that mean we can actually submit a fixed version of our maps after its already been submitted and its past the submission deadline?

Comment

Originally posted by evilmrfrank View Post
          Wait, does that mean we can actually submit a fixed version of our maps after its already been submitted and its past the submission deadline?
          I think the file itself can be updated, but it will not be considered as an entry and they judge the older version instead. Right?

Comment

If you send something after the deadline it will not be considered for judging purposes or entered into the contest.

The file will be updated because the author fixed bugs, added features, or other changes so the UT3 gamers can experience these improvements. PM if you have a critical update
            and if you have some minor changes I will update them around next week.

Comment

Working...
            X