Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Quebec excluded in MSUC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quebec excluded in MSUC

Edit: Please see post #27.

I cant speak officially but I released a map for beta testing prior to submission to MSU and I've seen many other people who have done so also.

Comment

Asking EPICs level designers for feedback prior to FINAL may be a different story.... though I doubt they would give a level feedback prior to MSU

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
        I cant speak officially but I released a map for beta testing prior to submission to MSU and I've seen many other people who have done so also.
        So it work as a yes I take it? I read the FAQ's but couldn't find anything answering my question.

Comment

lots of mappers release beta's them submit them when the time comes, I just wouldn't go asking epic for advise before you go final.. thats unfair, but the community's help is fine.. I intend to get the communitys opinion of this who flag timmer thing in my map before I decide if its a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Kantham View Post
            If someone has a map almost finished right now, and that said person would release his project on the beta forums here, get feedback for final, then near Phase 3 submit it as final for the MSUC, is it acceptable?
            Why would it not be?

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
              Why would it not be?
              Well, it came to my mind that using other people's feedback/help to win a probable high amount of cash, was a bit, somewhat, unfair.

I just wanted to make sure. Also, on the other hand you could have a project released for months from now (Under beta/final status), then submit for the next phase. This too came to my mind as unfair for some reasons. Whatever.

Thanks AM.

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
              I just wouldn't go asking epic for advise before you go final.. thats unfair
              Certainly, you never ask a judge before submission..

Comment

Originally posted by Kantham View Post
                If someone has a map almost finished right now, and that said person would release his project on the beta forums here, get feedback for final, then near Phase 3 submit it as final for the MSUC, is it acceptable?
                Yes.

Comment

New questions:

1) Can we use stuff from the Titan pack?
                  2) If I used 2 textures and a sound from a free site for non-comercial use, can I still use them for MSUC by crediting them?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Its weekend plus its GDC next week

There is no reason why 2 should be a problem at all. I always use free content here and there.

Comment

I know a ton of people (including myself) who are using Titan content for phase 3. Unless they issue a statement saying that you can't use it, I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume you can. I don't see why they wouldn't allow it...

On a different note, I thought you (Kanthram) couldn't enter the contest because you're from Quebec. Was that just a typo on their part? (it seemed really silly to exclude Quebec in the first place).

Comment

I am sure 2 isn't a problem. I had some textures from cgtextures in my P1 entry. It was in the credits.

I believe 1 isn't a problem either since it is available to all, not just a select few.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.
                            Originally posted by _N_ View Post
                            On a different note, I thought you (Kanthram) couldn't enter the contest because you're from Quebec.
                            What?

I hope you come up with this because I haven't submitted anything yet. It's just that I haven't bothered at all until now, this would be my first time with the MSUC ever.

Comment

Afaik there is no problem at all from being from Quebec really. As also stated in the rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X